Monday, October 1, 2007

Adventures in Babysitting!

It's been a while since I updated! Let's see, where to start?

I took last Wednesday, September 26 off as vacation and babysat for Chloee from around 7:30-noon. She was so much fun! She showed me all of her toys, and then I took her for a pretty long walk in her stroller around the neighborhood...Chloee was pointing and 'talking' for much of the way. My favorite thing she says is "Doing?" She asks it so quizzically and flips her hands up in the air. Apparently it is her shortened version of "What are you doing?" It doesn't get much cuter than that. In fact, everything about her is cute. Jane dresses her in the sweetest clothes and puts her hair up in little ponytails. So stylish, just like her Momma!



She took a pretty long nap and then woke up for some lunch. Jane got herself and me some subs from Subway on her way home from work and we chatted for quite a bit before I left. I feel renewed, as always, after catching up with my best friend. Check out my giggle monster during lunch:



On Friday I have a 1/2 day, and I'm going to visit Heidi in Chicago BY MYSELF for the first time. I have avoided it for quite some time because I don't care to drive that distance and in all that traffic by myself, but I finally committed to it. Heidi has been asking me to visit for SO long now. I think we're going to keep it pretty low key. I told her we could watch some cheesy scary movies in celebration of Halloween (Amityville Horror, GREMLINS, etc) and pig out on Cranky Pat's cheese pizza.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cute doggy! i miss reading your posts! do you still use lj? i deleted mine... ~lea/learae :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Em! i had to laugh only b/c I hear ya on traveling alone and chancing getting lost- when I met Jim I had to drive to Illinois and it took me 3 1/2 hours each way! I had to find 3 different high ways and go through 2 tolls! talk about stressful!!!!! I don't miss that drive at all. :) Miss you! Stacey

Em V said...

Hey Leah-
I deleted my LJ account. But I miss reading your stuff too.