Dad stopped by later in the day and he brought me some things. He made me a Nesco full of venison stew (venison, potatoes, carrots). I plugged it in as soon as I set it on the counter and ate some once it warmed up. Yummy! Mom spray-painted a pumpkin for me in this glittery gold colored lacquer and tied a fall bow around the stem. I love it...centerpiece on my spider web kitchen tablecloth now. Why are Halloween decorations so much fun?
Later that night Dad text messaged me a picture of Bean (my favorite one) that I had sent him last year, and below it he typed "miss you". ;'( I miss my parents. And I miss Baby Bean....it dawned on me that next year it will be ONE YEAR since that horrible day she died. Tomorrow I'm getting a 2nd tattoo (on my other arm), and I'm really excited. Part of it is to honor my love and devotion to animals...and part of it is to honor her. It will also say "Hannah" on it in Olivia's bomb-ass handwriting. Thank you Livvy for drawing this up for me. I cannot wait! I LOVE INK and this is such a cool tattoo.
I got my flu shot yesterday at the K-C Health Center. Woot. Let's pray for a no-flu winter. NO STREP EITHER. No getting strep 8 times like I normally do.
One little funny to end this with. So I looked inside the K-C Supply Catalog for a calculator because I needed one, and ordered one that looked simple enough. This is what I received yesterday:

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. WTF is this, the JITTERBUG calculator? I guess I didn't look at the measurements, but who would have assumed it was this HUGE? It's as big as my god damn computer screen. NO WHERE on this package does it even say "for the nearly blind" or anything like that. I feel like getting giant everything now and using them all at the same time at my desk. A giant pencil, giant cowboy hat, and those ridiculously oversized neon sunglasses.
2 comments:
JITTERBUG!!! I think of you every time I hear that song or see the commercial. Also, when my dad goes to use his phone and has to put on his glasses, cause he can't see shit!
I saw some car commercial yesterday with the word 'ginormous' in the ad. Thought of you then too!! :)
hahahaha.. i seriously LOVE big calculators. Anything miniature or oversized is pretty much awesome..but that is a little grody.
Post a Comment