Thursday, January 10, 2008

All moved in!

On January 1 I was able to move into my new place. Dad was stuck with the unfortunate task of helping one of his daughters move, AGAIN. It tooks us all day to travel back and forth and get all my stuff unloaded, but he didn't complain once. I said to him, "you know Dad...for 61, you are in damn good shape." It's the truth! I thought I was going to DIE when we were carrying that couch. It was the heaviest thing I've ever moved and I thought I was going to collapse. (OK, I take that back...Dad's steel-beam woodsplitter was the heaviest, but I couldn't phsyically budge that even 1 inch so it doesn't count as a 'move').

I picked up Jazzabelle & Mollie on the 1st. The ride over was pretty traumatic for them, and so was the new place and new Mama, but slowly they are starting to warm up. Jazz is pretty much all the way out of her shell, while Mollie continues to hide in my cupboard until about 8:00 at night and then come out.



Dad came over on Saturday the 5th and fixed the Entertainment center we messed up a little while moving, and also helped me hang some pictures. He's such a HANDYMAN! The EC looks like brand new. After all that was done, Dad took me to Wal-Mart and bought me a microwave and an iron for my new place since I didn't have either of those things anymore, and also took me to HuHot for dinner. My parents are so good to me.

Jamie and Ella came to visit on Sunday and stayed to chat with me for quite some time; and it was I can't believe how big Ella is getting! She is crawling around now and really chats away. After my Mom saw these pictures, she said "Ella looks just like a porcelain doll." Doesn't she????




Mom and Dad went to Chicago to be with Heidi for her surgery. Heidi had surgery to fix her deviated septum (sp?) and also have her tonsils removed. I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she sounds SO stuffed up from those stints being in her nasal cavity. Thank God they are really keeping up with the pain medicines...especially for the tonsils -- I have heard horror stories of people getting their tonsils out as adults. Ellen was watching the dogs while Mom and Dad were both gone, and she did come into town to see my place & kitties, and we went to Olive Garden for dinner. She was really having a hard time with Misbehaving Maggie. Dad came back home on Tuesday night I think...and of course The Goo was on her best behavior. Why do none of the dogs show Dad their naughty side?? It's just us women. Damnit.

1 comment:

Thoresen Family said...

good for you girl! branching out to your own place is great. everyone will settle in very soon.