I can't sleep....what else is new? I seem to be able to fall asleep just fine, but then inevitably wake up during the wee hours and am wide awake. My Dad always says the worst thing you can do is stimulate your brain by getting up to watch TV or playing around on the internet, but laying in bed is useless and boring to me when my eyes are wired.
I think I have the onset of a cold. Coughing, aches, and white crap all over my tonsils. brrr. I don't think it can be strep since I'm already on antibiotics, so who knows. I really needed a good night's sleep tonight, too. I have to get up early for work, and then tomorrow night (tonight) is the Brad Paisley concert in Green Bay with Mom and Dad. I would not miss seeing Brad for the world!
My two classes started this week: Sourcing & Supply Chain Management, and Business Law. The Business Law book is quite intimidating and the book itself reminds me of an old dictionary we used to have sitting around the Vanesky house - a maroon hardcover with about 1,500 pages...gold lettering on the front and REALLY heavy. I have to say, I started reading the chapters and have never been so bored in my entire life. Found myself re-reading paragraphs about 4 times and getting glassy-eyed. Hey, maybe I should read that book right now; I'd probably be able to get back to sleep! har har.
I chatted with Liz the other night and she found me some flights for early April of this year that are very reasonable. I forwarded to Mom and Dad today and hopefully they can book it for me early before this offer sells out, and then I can just pay them back when I get my tax returns. I'm so excited to visit Australia! I have never been outside of North America so this will be such an adventure for me. My other trip this year will be to The Gentle Barn in mid-July to volunteer at a farm sanctuary in California. I watched some youtube videos that Jodi posted on Facebook of some of the rescued animals, and had tears streaming down my face. So heartbreaking, yet such happy endings. I cannot wait to be a part of this heartwarming mission. I know that 2011 will be a year I will never forget!
Gar. Why does my brain start to uncontrollably ponder EVERYTHING at 2 a.m.?? I have so much on my mind right now and I have to get up for work in a few hours.
I think I need these:
WORRY KITTIES
2 comments:
Just think, all this insomnia can work in your favor. Since you are already up all night, when my kids wake you at 7 am, it might just feel right! :-)
2012 or 2011....I know I will not forget 2012 :)
I could have let you borrow my book on prejudice...that would have put you to sleep
Post a Comment