Friday, February 4, 2011

Bedtime thoughts.

Today was a rather rough day for me. I did a lot of thinking and took a nap, and still feel very uneasy to the point of feeling extremely sick to my stomach. I think I just need to get to bed.

Tomorrow for work we have an all-day meeting at the Lambeau Field atrium so that should be a little change of pace. I'm picking up Sara and we're driving together, and then at 6 p.m. I have an appointment w/ Nee Yuan to get my eyebrows looked at and FIXED! Did I mention for Christmas my parents got me a gift certificate to get my eyebrows tattooed on since I had NONE? They pretty much rock, but she's going to look at them as a follow-up and I may get them darkened a little since they lightened up. I finally have eyebrows and don't need to 'paint' them on every single morning and worry about them rubbing off when I wear winter hats or rub my eyes with my hands.

Classes are kicking my ass. It's hard to take two at once plus work full time. These are my upper level courses, too, since I'm getting close to being done. I am taking Sourcing & Supply Chain Management and Business Law. Business Law is the most difficult class I've ever taken in my life and I pray to God I can at least squeak out a C so I can get reimbursed for this course by work. I HAVE to.

I booked my flight to Australia! I will be gone from April 3-15 and Mom will be here kitty-sitting for me. At least she can play Farmville without my Dad getting on her case (right Dad??). ;) I'm really looking forward to it, but also extremely nervous to the point of getting tummy aches if I think about it. I'm not nervous about the excellent company I'll be in...it's more the 17 hour flight, and being away from home and away from family for so long. The farthest I've been from home is Mexico for Ellen's wedding in 2005, and I was with my family the entire time (10 days).

Haven't booked the Gentle Barn trip. I'm not getting as many donations as I thought I would....I'm thinking because it's not local like last year's Paw Parade, and possibly because this has to do with farm animals instead of dogs/cats. We're up to $405 and have a ways to go until we hit our $2,500 goal, but I know we will do it. We have a great fundraising team put together and meet in a couple weeks to go over candy bar sales, rummage sales, craft sales, and other neat ideas. I'm confident we'll get to our goal and can't wait to go. It might sound silly to others, but I know this will be the most important, inspiring, loving, fantastic, and meaningful trip I'll ever take in my life. There is nothing that quite means more to me than animal welfare and I cannot wait to meet these wonderful saved farm creatures. I plan on taking THOUSANDS of pictures. :)

On a totally unrelated note. I totally want this picture for my apartment. I saw it on art.com and it's called "With the Waves" by Natasha Wescoat. Someday when I have the moola.


Night night. At least, I'm going to try. 6:00 a.m. is going to come very quickly.

1 comment:

olivia said...

I'll make you something pretty in my painting class, em :)