Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tonsillectomy

Well, I had my tonsils out on Monday. I had been thinking about this for a long time, but finally decided to do it since I'm sick of getting strep so many times a year. It's been 6 days and I'm still pretty miserable. I was throwing up for a couple days, and it was ripping my throat apart. I cannot even explain the pain and discomfort.

I'm not sure why I was throwing up for those few days - maybe it was the pain medicine or maybe I had a coincidental bout of the flu...?

Dad did pick me up the morning of surgery and brought me back to their house for the night, but I wanted to go home to my place the next day. I shouldn't have done that. Now I'm here, alone, and miserable, and all I want is my Mommy. :'( I had it pretty sweet there....Mom made me a bed on the couch and got me sherbet, strawberry-flavored applesauce, yogurt, and popsicles.

Couch Bed when I first got there:

Couch Bed a few minutes later:

What an icky experience. At least so far today I have not thrown up...I certainly hope things look up from here.

Next week is Thanksgiving. I'm sad to say that Heidi, Ellen, and Jared will all not be at Mom and Dad's for the holiday....what a sad thing. Thanksgiving is my favorite-est of holidays! We have great food, play games, and decorate for Christmas together. I guess they all have to work though, so none of them are able to make it home. Also, Ellen is due on December 11 w/ Baby Stella, so she could really go any time now. At least we will most likely have a baby around for Christmas! I'm very excited for that.

Oh, please pray for me to feel better! I hate this. I swear I'm not even a baby with being sick....it's just really that bad! I can't remember the last time I've been so down and out. :'(

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Oh Em! I wish I could make it all better. (((HUGS))) to you!

Call me if you need ANYTHING...I will be over in a flash.

Love you!

Jaime