Well, I guess I know what my writing looks like while I have a complex-partial seizure.
Here is an example of my normal writing:
Here is a sample of my writing where I started off with a simple partial seizure that spread to complex-partial. As you can see, the writing gets messier and messier until it's just basically scribbling. This happened during a training session last week.
I have no recollection of writing any of that. I can't even read the last part.
I know my seizures occur in the temporal lobe region which regulates memory, emotions, hearing, language, and learning. But I've never had one caught on an EEG. I wonder what is going on in there???
It's is a scary thing to feel that sickening aura and then lose awareness. Where am I? Who am I? Where am I going? What am I doing? Who am I sitting next to? I've had a long journey with seizures throughout my life and gladly now they are mostly controlled by medicine. My first ones in high school consisted of some terrifying hallucinations accompanied by unexplained buzzing/whispering in my ear, and gagging. I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore. These are still not pleasant to-date and are accompanied by intense fear, nausea, and loss of awareness, but I'm at thankful not to see those images anymore. Never fun.
This year has been worse than prior years. Probably because I am more stressed than I have ever been.
The human brain is a weird thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment