On Saturday morning, I got up and drove to Mom & Dad's house in Pine River. Dad really wanted to hit up WAUTOMA FEST...he thought it was going to be a bunch of rummage sales. We headed over there around 10:00 or so, and walked around a bit. There was a DJ playing music, and a bunch of really old people were line dancing for entertainment. We couldn't find any rummage sales, but instead a bunch of tents with CRAFTS. Dad muttered in disgust, "These aren't rummage sales. It's just a bunch of overpriced shit." ha ha! Oh well.
Dad made a big tenderloin meal for dinner. I had a baked potato instead. Later on, we headed down to Madell's lanes in hopes of a few games of bowling. It was super dead when we walked in, so we just plugged some music instead.
Sunday was a family get-together at Judy's & Marty's house. Judy is the last living sibling of the Haber family. I think three of her siblings died almost within one year of each other: Arlene, Betty, and just recently Grandma. :( Speaking of Grandma...I went into Mom's closet this weekend looking for some sandals, and I saw a pile of Grandma's infamous little slippers on the floor. It made me teary-eyed. A lot of days I feel like it's getting easier, and yet some days it shocks my system that she's gone. ...Anyway, it was fun to see everyone again. I cannot believe how big some of those kids have gotten. I held Mark when he was a baby for cripe's sake, and now he's 19 years old! Everyone is growing up and growing older. Judy had out some really neat posterboards of our family that she made. Ellen pointed out some really bad ones of Dad on there, sporting TINTED glasses and sideburns, and a hideous RODEO-looking shirt. LOL.
1 comment:
oooo, hardwood floor, I want to change our floor in the kitchen and dining room to that also.
I know what you mean about your grandma, some days are just...days..then other days its like you are in a bubble...like how did it ever happen that your loved one is not on this earth anymore???
Post a Comment