Friday, January 25, 2008

Bonfires & Amplifiers, baby!!

I am not feeling well, so I'm going to make this quick. I feel sort of dizzy and sick. You know you are a little cranky when someone innocently walks by your desk whistling a happy tune, and all you want to do punch their face in. Right?

A little news about the fam...Ellen and Jared bought a house and close on it at the end of February. Yay! They can finally get out of that plex they're in. Sam hates the duplex because of the noise, and we don't want his little salmon-y nose to get rubbed raw in the crate ANY MORE. I think they'll be 30 minutes east of Madison...so it'll be a farther drive when they come visit, but not too bad. I'll have Ellen send me a picture of the house when I think of it.

I am the proud owner of a Brad Paisley concert ticket for the Resch Center!! Not only do I get to see Brad play, but as an added bonus, Rodney Atkins is the opener. Yummay.

Mom and Dad took me took me to see National Treasure (aka "Hidden Treasurer". Mom!) last weekend, and it was pretty good! I hadn't been to a movie in a long time. They went shopping afterwards and dropped off a brand new vacuum for me and some groceries. And I got a special little gift from Dad that he got at a gun show...because I am his favorite daughter. No, it is not a rifle. I have the nicest parents in the world!

Oh! Speaking of last weekend - I did babysit Chloee on Saturday morning for a bit while Jane & Bob went to some camper/RV show. I can't believe how much Chloee can talk now -- she LOVES being read to and can say lots of the words in the books. My personal favorites are "owe-phint" (elephant) and "bur-fly" (butterfly). I witnessed two things that morning that made me realize she definitely has some of Jane in her: 1 - She has a Fisher Price vacuum toy and was pushing it all over the house. 2 - When she was eating her little ham cubes and mac & cheese for lunch, she CAREFULLY separated out any 'wrong' pieces into the proper tray compartment on her plate. See! Some of the Jane anal-ness is there!! <3 I couldn't love it more. Anyway. I didn't bring my camera with me that day, so I didn't get to capture her cuteness. But I've been bugging Jane to send me some recent pictures!

The kitties are doing well. Mollie hasn't been in the cupboard for almost 2 weeks now! They are both out all the time now and play together like you wouldn't believe. They especially love the heating blanket on my couch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brat-you are his favorite. I think I am his least favorite except when it comes to helping with a project outside or cleaning. LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG HI. You may or may not have received my 28947 gmails, being that I checked that account for the first time tonight after four months.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you're still around the intarwebs!!

Em V said...

Heidi, is that you? It can't be Ellen, since she doesn't clean. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Can you please send out a note and let me know when you're feeling better? I don't want to be the one that walks past your desk whistling and end up getting slapped in the face!

The cats are so cute and so spoiled! They have more toys than my kids :) LOL