Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kipperdoodle's Day at the Dog Park

Saturday during the day I picked up a foster dog named Kipper. Nicole said he needed a lot of exercise, so I thought a trip to the dog park was in order. I was OVERWHELMED when I picked him up - he was so crazy I couldn't even get the leash on him and he scratched my arms up pretty good from jumping on me. Finally got him out to the car - he was SO pumped on the way there. He had a great time and actually slept on the way home.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


I went out last night for a few hours because James was bartending at Cedar Bar and I knew Ryan & Matt were stopping down for a few. How is it possible I felt slightly hungover after three spaced out beers followed by WATER? Ick. I think maybe I drink so rarely now that such a small amount really does make me feel nasty.

I met Mom and Dad at Olive Garden today for lunch. YUM! Actually now it's nighttime and Mom just called, laughing so hard I could barely understand her story. I guess she was on the phone w/ Marsha and kept staring at Dad, wondering what was wrong with his mouth. His FRONT TOOTH fell out! His front teeth are all false from when he was younger but one of them just CAME out tonight, and Mom couldn't find it funnier. He must look like a hillbilly and I'm dying for her to send me a picture message of his f'ed up smile, but pictures messages don't really go through in Pine River. Still, she MUST record it!!! I hope he yells at her tonight all seriously about something, so she can bust out laughing at him.

Actually, I just talked to Dad on the phone and he sounds all sad about it, so now I feel slightly bad for laughing. (But only slightly......come on, not trying to laugh at his misfortune or anything, but that has GOT to look ridiculous)

A little weight loss update: 13 lbs down! 7 to go?

4 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

oh my golly! you did a fantastic job tuckering him out! So cute!! I love your animal pictures....seriously you can tell the love you have for them.


BTW busted out laughing about your dad's tooth and Jesse was like what what, and i had to read it to him too. I feel bad for your dad but I can only imagine your mom trying not to laugh too hard.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, what a sweet Kipper! So glad he got a big ol' day out.

Anyway, hope I don't appear all stalky! I stumbled upon your blog via Twitter, I believe.

Em V said...

Manda - awesome for checking out my blog - I love new readers. How is Tig doing?

Thoresen Family said...

now that is why I don't have a pet! where do they get all that energy from anyhow? So awesome that he fell asleep for you. he must have really appreciated the time outside! good going, em!