Dad took Heidi, me, Ellen, and Jared to Great America a few Fridays ago. I can't believe how much has changed at the park. We didn't find this out until we tried to board a roller coaster...but, no bags. No bags, no purses - nada. Gah! Annoying. Girls need their bags. I know guys can just get by with wallets, but I need my purse for my chapstick, glasses, camera, wallet, cell phone.... So anyway, you're supposed to go lock them up at these new computerized locker stations located throughout the park. Guess how much a tiny locker is? ELEVEN. DOLLARS. Eleven freakin' dollars! Phoo. No smoking in the park either except in these designated areas behind blue lines. Okay so I can see that one being nice for families and stuff. But whatever.
Anywayyyyyyyy it rained ALL day. At first we didn't mind it because it was coming down light and the lines for the rides were so short. But then it started POURING. My digital camera got soaked and stopped working. Ellen and I walked to one of the shops and bought 5 batman ponchos. So cute! Ellen wanted the plain blue ones. But come on. How could you pass up one with EARS?!?!?!!? All the coasters were shut down shortly after lunch, so we walked around for a while and did some small things, like the swings and the carousel. We ended up leaving mid-afternoon, having a yummy dinner at Olive Garden to warm up, and then headed for home.
I had fun with my family. I know Dad was disappointed because we hadn't been there in 5 years and then when he finally planned something for all us it POURED, but that's okay by me. I'll never forget this day.
I took the videos at Gurnee Mills. We met Heidi there and then drove to GA together.
No comments:
Post a Comment