Sunday, March 7, 2010

Happy BIRRRRRRTHDAY to me....

I met Dad at IHOP for lunch and it was so good to see him. My Dad is an awesome man. Too bad I didn't have Momma and the rest of the family there to join us. Dad got me a cute card with birds on it...and it had a really cute saying too that he specifically liked. I can't think of it now, but I do have it on my fridge and I'll have to scan it and post it on here.

Liz sent me a video of her kiddos last night, all singing me Happy Birthday. Seeing that made me cry...I know it wasn't meant to, but in some weird way it made me realize a couple things. Number one, that I am NOT where I thought I would be on my birthday, once again. 33....man. When you are little, you think 30's sound so middle-aged, and by then you'll be married and be done having kids. You know, the normal birthday depression I get. Also it made me realize that I made the right decision recently. THIS is the type of family I want some day...they are the epidomy of good people. And I will never settle for anything less, no matter how shitty someone makes me feel, and even if it means being alone instead. I am a good and caring person, and should be matched with someone who is deserving of that.



After IHOP I took my home-baked banana nutmeg dog biscuits over to the shelter and was greeted by a medical room full of cheery HAPPY BIRTHDAYS. I brushed some kitties, visited for a while, and came home.

I have off one more day tomorrow. The thought of work lately makes me want to vomit...I don't know why. Nothing there specifically...just the thought of being there in general. I think maybe it's the end-of-winter-dragging-out BLAHS. So anyways on my day off tomorrow, in the a.m. I am taking in one of the baby black kitties I'm fostering...she needs to have her little spay sutures looked at since it's pretty popped out...maybe a hernia? Then going to All Creatures to pick up naughty Rufus, get some ringworm medicine, bring those two things to the shelter, and tackle some of the laundry there.

No comments: