Where did 34 years go? Yikes. I feel like I say this every year: this is not where I thought I'd be at this age. But I'm so thankful to be alive and have good friends and family to celebrate with.
Well, last Saturday Mom, Heidi and I had lunch at HuHot. Then I drove up to Pine River that night and Mom, Dad, Heidi, Jared and I had dinner at Haase's. It was nice to be with family, and we had lots of laughs. There was a severely intoxicated group of people there who were being very loud and could barely walk or talk, and on the way out one of the ladies left with her hooded coat on UPSIDE DOWN! The bottom was hanging awkwardly off her shoulders and the hood was on her butt. ha! I even had my camera there and was too blown away by her stupidity that I didn't think to take a video of it. We watched her go outside and try digging in her upside down pockets to get out her cigarettes and lighter, and she still didn't realize what she'd done. Har!
That night we watched The Hangover even though we've all seen it before....still just as funny! Sunday Dad made tacos for lunch (per my birthday request!) and Bear even came up to join us. Dad and Jared played many rounds of Cabela's Big Game Hunts.
Being with family is just what I needed! How therapeutic family, laughing, and dogs can be. Speaking of dogs...there were FIVE in the household that weekend: Riley, Maggie, Ellie, Coco, and Sam. I love them!! Riley is 12 now and getting so old....she sleeps a lot and you can tell she's 'creaking' now when she walks around. Very stiff, very thin, very lumpy and bumpy. Still VERY active when it comes to begging though - just like a puppy! Anyway, I miss them. I love my kitties but there's just something about the company of a Labrador.
Today I went to El Azteca for lunch with Jamie, Brian, little Ella, Kerry, Fulscher, Jimbo, Geiger, and Nicole. So good to see everyone! Fun, fun. THANK YOU EVERYONE for making it such a great day!! I'm still laughing thinking of minivan talk from Jim, and Kerry's non-thesis degree that may or may not be sent to her in crayon. ;)
This past week I've gone out to lunch and dinner LOTS of times...mostly birthday stuff. Even this week and into next week I have lunches & dinners planned w/ friends who wanted to take me out to eat for my birthday....MAN! Good to be with friends but I'm going to gain 20 lbs celebrating! :) Gah. I'll need to be more consistent with going to the gym.
Anyway. Happy Birthday to me.
Think about the memories, passing years can never mar
Experiences great and small, that have made you who you are.
Another year is a happy gift, so cut your cake and say,
"Instead of counting birthdays, I count blessings every day!"
~Joanna Fuchs
Riley got to go ba-byes!
Ellie & Sam playing King of the Mountain. OK so really Sam is trying to hump her I think. He's neutered, but what can I say, he's still a pervert male. :)
1 comment:
OMG I am so going with humping on that one...I guess you never truly lose the urge! I'm so happpy you have an amazing birthday weekend / week....good thing we are working out on Monday so you don't have to worry about the 20lbs!!
Post a Comment