Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring!

Today is not what I expected for the first day of Spring - very rainy, grey, and gloomy outside. And I hear we can expect 6" of snow this week. Ick! I'm done with cold weather and would like my blue skies and sunshine, please.

My weekends are dwindling down before I leave for Australia. I only really have next weekend to finish my papers for school and get packed up because I leave the weekend after that. Yipes! I cannot believe how fast this trip snuck up on me. I'm nervous - all that I have in my head is the 17 hour flight and it's devouring much of my excitement about the trip. Whaa. Why am I so afraid suddenly?

Friday I had Ellen over at my apartment and we watched World's Dumbest. On Saturday I went up to Green Bay and had dinner w/ Kerry at Los Magueyes...it was good food and I had a pretty good margarita there as well. I introduced Kerry to Facebook Places there, and so began the fun with checking in at every location possible throughout the night - the bathroom at Los Magueyes, Emily's car, the barstool at The Whiskey Barrel. :) I only stayed for one at the bar and then headed home. I forgot to mention - last night was the "SUPER MOON" - it was huge! We stopped to get a picture of it but the digital pictures just didn't do it justice.

This morning I picked Jodi up at her place and we headed out to Vinland Stables to see Sara, Nick, & Kenzie, and help them with the horses. This was my very first time even seeing a horse up close - what an amazingly huge animal. It was kinda scary to be that close to those big faces. :) I helped brush Jack and Mojo and then Kenzie showed me how to ride gentle Jack. What a neat experience! I loved being there. Thank you to Sara and her family for letting me join you this Sunday; I will never forget it.

Forgot to mention...Jodi and Sara gave me my birthday present. How perfectly me: chocolates and gourmet jelly beans from VandeWalle's, and SLEEPY PANTS from Old Navy! Yayyayayayy! Thank you my friends.




1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

That is so awesome you got to help out at the stables, will you be back? I saw all the check-ins and just laughed because it's a new and fun experience to "check-in" everywhere :D