Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Itchy Itchy Scratchy Scratchy

First of all, I got some smile cards in the mail today from the lovely Lacey. Can't wait to use them on some unsuspecting people. The world needs more positive people like Lacey - thanks doll.

Secondly, Dad swung by work today and we met out in the parking lot. He had some crock pot stew for me and some various other things, and I had a father's day card/massage gift card for him and also something for him to sign. Had some of the stew for dinner tonight - yummy! Paddy kept milling around the container of it, begging.

End happy rant. Ensue crazy amounts of insane scratchiness!!!

The past few days my arms, legs, stomach, scalp....literally EVERYWHERE has been itching so INTENSELY I stopped into Urgent Care after work. The past few days I've tried Calamine lotion, Sarna. Hydrocortisone ointment & cream, Benadryl, Zyrtec...you NAME it I've tried it and it's done nothing. I have not changed medicine, detergent, foods or any of that. There wasn't much she could do for me except give me a prescription strength antihistamine and another medication for chronic itching/hives. I cannot stand this - I'm crawling out of my skin and the more I scratch at it, the itch comes back 100x worse and feels like pins and needles.

I see my PCP on Wednesday a.m., but I'm going to try to see an allergist before then. I don't think the anti-histamines are going to help if this isn't an allergic reaction. I have been doing some reading online and feel that this is tied to my chronic strep and tonsillits infections, liver/kidney function tests always being off, and the fact that I have an autoimmune disorder.

The pills I tried tonight seemed to calm the bright red rash all over my arms and legs, but then again I'm sitting still. Hope I can just go to sleep soon and have it be even tamer tomorrow.

No comments: