This weekend was kind of a whirlwind. I had a good day of work on Friday - there wasn't a lot of people there and I got a lot of things crossed off my to-do list. Felt that weight on my chest get a little lighter as I walked out the door and into the parking lot.
When I'm stressed over work and school, I tend to get overwhelmed and completely shut down instead of sitting down and attacking it piece by piece to get it finished. I'm trying to work on that.
I drove up to Mom & Dad's on Friday to meet Ellen & the dogs for the night. Mom and Dad visited Heidi in Chicago and El was asked to come dogsit. We watched some new episodes of Family Guy, Smoking Gun Presents Worlds Dumbest, House, and other randomness. It was good to talk and laugh. We got to sleep in the most comfortable bed on the planet - Mom and Dad's King-Sized, 80 trillion dollar Tempurpic bed with adjustable feet and head positions. We hit the pillows and zonked (yes even smoooooshed and surrounded by 4 big-ass dogs and one Little Dog).
Saturday Ellen and I got up and drove to the Neenah Kohls for a little baby clothes shopping. I think we meant well, but pretty soon both of our arms were gathered to the max capacity with cutesy little onesies, ruffly dresses, and the tiniest socks you can possibly imagine. Oh well. Here are a few examples:

Ahh. Ellen was so happy, and that made me happy. At least if I'm not near the baby-dream happening for me at this particular moment in my life, I can live vicariously through Ellen & Jared for now. =) Kidding. But I will be the best Auntie Em in the world, that is for sure.
El and I went to HuHot for lunch,and pulled some shenanigans there. They are funny about takeout because otherwise people would just load up millions of plates and take it out the door for leftovers. Ellen bought a meal to eat at the table AND prepaid for a takeout one. She couldn't finish all of her table meal, and questioned the waitress whether or not she could just go up and get ONE of the two bowls allotted for takeout food and combine it wish what was left on her plate so it wouldn't be wasted. Our whole thing was we were so bothered by the leftover food that would be just tossed into the garbage. Our waitress 'checked with management', came back and told us unfortunately that's not allowed and she walked away. I paid the bill, and in one fell swoop Ellen dumped her leftovers into her new takeout box, and out we went. The waitress totally caught us and didn't say anything, and then guilt overtook us. The whole story was kind of comical, I think because we were trying to be such badasses about it, but really inside we were scared little children who'd broken a rule. Sigh. Geeks.
Saturday and Sunday were filled w/ paper and financial stress all having to do with this Entrepreneurial Management class. I worked on it for over 13 hours today and my tailbone actually hurts from too much ASS-SITTING tonight.
I have lots on my mind tonight...already losing sleep for the new week. I took a very late walk around 11:30 p.m. with my night reflective vest on. I have been warned against walking in the dark by Dad, but at least I had something on. It had to be done. Sometimes a simple walk around the complex can help clear my head.
Did I mention, I helped rescue a kitty last week? I have a 9 week old calico named Monroe staying with me for a few weeks until she can be spayed and adopted out by WISH. She's a spitfire! Lovey, nuzzly, purring one minute...bitey, feisty, and doing burnouts on my living room floor the next. =) God Bless this lucky kitty who found her way to Lacey's arms and then to mine. I hope the best for this saved little heartbeat. I'm confident she'll find a wonderful and lasting home.

No comments:
Post a Comment