Friday, September 27, 2013

Where oh where has my writing itch gone??

WOW. I just looked back and realized I made two whole updates in all of 2013 so far. Pretty pitiful. This year flew by in a not-so-happy way. A bad breakup, multiple serious health issues for me, and as my two previous posts revealed, we lost our two beloved labs within two weeks of each other. I scrolled past Riley & Maggie's two entries before starting this new one, and I can barely look at the pictures. Mortality is so painfully sobering, scary, and sad.

Anyhow, I'm still hanging in there. Fall seems to have arrived and I feel a bit rejuvenated. I love the crisp air, leaves starting to turn, wearing snuggly clothes (who am I kidding? I wear comfy pants and a hoodie every single day), campfires, scary movies, pumpkin carving, haunted houses...you name it!

I'm still doing rescue but not for any one group solely. Since OARS was nice enough to take in 3 baby kitties for me in the past couple months, I decided I'd host a rummage sale for them in mid-October with all profits going to the animals there. If people help me, I help them.  Simple as that.  And I'd like to think I'm a damn good fundraiser.  I already have a bedroom full of stuff and have much more stuff coming, including LOTS of furniture. Mom, Dad, and their neighbor Norita are coming that weekend to help. I can't wait! I hope we make BANK! I really need the weather to cooperate since we really need to utilize the driveway for furniture. Please Mother Nature...be nice. :)

Next weekend (Saturday, October 5) is the Warrior Princess Mud Run at Mosquito Hill in New London, and this year the team is going to be me, Kerry, Shawn, and my Dad! We are going to rock this. I'm so excited to have my Dad participating in this with us. He may be 67 years old, but he is in damn good shape and I bet he'll breeze through this like nothing.

One important member of Team Shinysides is leaving us. Cynthia moves to Manila, Philippines in just a few days for work. I know we will still be able to keep in touch over Facebook and texting, but I will DEARLY miss her. She was my insomnia buddy and became one of my closest friends the past few years. We'd be awake at all hours, and she'd come over with pizza and candy for us and we'd have a few drinks and watch Family Guy. I will miss all of that. Shinysides will not be the same. Not disbanding. Just very different. I'm sad. BUT - Shawn, Kerry and I are trying to plan a trip to visit her next year. I know Cynthia really loves it there, and when I was talking to my Mom about the trip, she said it is just beautiful.

What else is new? My little niece will be TWO in a few months. Where has the time gone? I feel like she was just born. She is walking, running, and talking up a STORM. She loves to be outside with "Gampa"! Definitely gets her love of the outdoors from Jared. I'll share a couple pictures and videos and hope Ellen doesn't beat me up for it. Then I think I have an idea for another post or two.


















1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!! A toddler! ♥