
Ellen and Jared have been in the process of moving for a while -- a month-to-month lease for a Duplex until they find their first house. Apparently Ellen was packing up a box in the kitchen and stood up & cracked her head on an open cupboard. So badly that she got dizzy and eventually started throwing up. Jared took her to the E.R. and she has a mild concussion and fractured skull. Hmm. This sounds like something I would do.
Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2007! I'm already starting to get antsy. I was chatting Em R.'s ear off today until she was finally like DUDE I'M BUSY GEEZ!@!@#*&@$^
I haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping yet. I usually like to take care of that on December 23rd or the morning of the 24th, because I am disorganized and procrastinate-y like that.
There are lots of fun things to look forward to in the upcoming days. Friday we're all going bowling. Saturday is Matt's birthday outing. Next week is Tommy's birthday Happy Hour. Jane and I go to our annual OG dinner on the 20th. Ellen, Jared, and Heidi are home for Christmas. Goo will be SEVEN on Christmas day! Jim & Dee are hosting a New Year's Eve party. I move into my new place and bring home my new kitties on January 1. And Wine Tasting is January 3. Whew!
Oh! And I must mention the best news ever! The cute little girls I baby-sit for...their Mom and Dad gave me a nice surprise - they are getting some new things for their house and are GIVING me a bunch of things for my new apartment: a great couch and love seat, an entertainment center, and a TV (and have other things if I need them). I feel so grateful. My Mom said to me...isn't it weird how some people can kick you in the teeth, and yet others come along and do something so utterly amazing and generous? What a payback. Thank you both, so much.
This is going to be a good year - I can feel it.
No comments:
Post a Comment