Monday, August 18, 2008

Tesmer Family

You know - I was debating this one for a while. I just got off the phone with Heidi tonight and decided I'm just going to go ahead and mention this.

I heard about a week ago, through the grapevine, that Chad Tesmer was in a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the chest down. I checked out the website given to me, thinking...could this be the same Tesmer family that lost Todd a few years ago? Sure enough. I recognized Chad right away in the pictures. I'm not sure how because it's been so many years. But I did.

Todd died in a car crash a few years ago. The tree he hit has a permanent scar on it from the accident - I saw it last year and it made me feel weird. What hard times this family has fallen upon - to lose one and now have a very near miss of the same kind. Todd was my same age and Mom taught us in Sunday School (Chad was Heidi's age) and we were confirmed together. I see Reverend Moore has been leaving messages on Chad's site, which made me smile. Anyway, the only one I really knew was Todd - and it was just through church. But I am sad for this family.

Heidi and I find ourselves checking Chad's site and reading up on his progress. What an extraordinary story.

Keep this family in your prayers please.

Caring Bridge - Chad Tesmer

3 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

That's so sad...why does one family endure so much heartache? :(

Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to them! I pray they can find strength to carry on...

Joey Tesmer said...

Still praying in North Carolina.
-Joey Tesmer