Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm curious like a cat! That's why they call me Whiskers...

We got a foot of snow last night! I'm so glad I have a garage for the next couple months. Although, this apartment complex does no plowing or shoveling whatsoever. I looked out the front door as I was walking to the basement this morning and there was about a foot of unsholveled show on the walk. As I drove out of the underground parking, I barely made it through the drifts. Boy do I miss my Escape. My Sentra leaves a lot to be desired for snow driving. I kind of glide around corners and can't get going. I feel myself wanting to rock back and forth like Lloyd does on his little scooter in Dumb & Dumber...trying to urge the spinning tires forward.

Work was kind of boring today. I have plenty to do, but I find I can't pay attention for shit lately. Maybe it's the upcoming vacation and holiday or something. Honestly though, my attention span has been so poor these past few weeks I've been secretly wondering if I have ADD. I'm doodling in meetings. Tonight the microwave timer went off for my bread, and I was preoccupied with something else and forgot about it in the oven. And not so long ago, I got pulled over for speeding and was speeding again within SECONDS of pulling away from the cop. More medication, please. jk

Something funny at work today though. Linda and I were messaging back and forth, and she told me that someone once took a dump in the dressing room of The Gap and sprinkled Gardettos on top of it. ha ha! I couldn't stop laughing. Gardettos, as a garnish to a steaming pile of human shit in a dressing room. FOUL. What the hell is wrong with people? ha ha. I'd forget about it for a while, then remember it and start laughing at my desk all over again.

After work I picked up my Boys & Girls Brigade wreath from Nicole. I shoveled off my deck and hung it on the rails on my balcony. It smells so piney and yummy! This is kind of my little tradition now; 3rd year in a row.

I baked some Amish Cinnamon bread tonight. I ran a loaf over to Em to sample, saved one for myself, and kind of overcooked the other two...but oh well. I'll see what Nicole thinks tomorrow, since I promised her some. I think those two should be okay...the edges may just be a little crunchy. :)

Heidi got here around 11:00 tonight. She is staying over and then using my computer to work from home tomorrow morning since Mom & Dad's computer is on the FRITZ (I hate that phrase). She is so intrigued with the Bean and how CURIOUS she is. Bean was following her EVERYWHERE, going into her bags of stuff, entering cupboards. They will like having company tomorrow morning. I work a half day and then come back to my place. Dad and Mom got us all tickets to the Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Resch Center in Green Bay and they're picking us up around 1:30 or 2:00 to head up there. Fun, fun.

I noticed tonight that my phone isn't holding a charge anymore...AGAIN. This is the second battery I've been through. How irritating. Exactly one more week until I'm due for my New Every Two credit at Verizon...I think I'm going to get a BlackBerry like Ellen has.

I can't sleep. I have lots of things on my brain tonight. Including...my baby sister is sad and that makes me sad.

I'm going to be soooooooooo tired tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

I am so jealous that you are going to the Trans Siberian Orchestra . I wanted to go to that but Jesse just laughed at me.

okay...now i have to update my blog.

~Crash~