
I went to see Marley & Me w/ Mom and Dad. I'm totally not one for sad movies, but I really wanted to see this since it was about a yellow lab, and also because I read the book.
I don't think I've ever cried in a theater before. I'm not much of a crier, period...but, towards the end of this movie I just couldn't stop. I had a sore lump in my throat and the tears wouldn't stop flowing every time I blinked. Mom was crying. The guy on the other side of me was crying. The girls in front of me were both crying. I heard sniffles all over the entire theater.
What sadness! I got home from the movie and felt sad all night; like, I couldn't recover from it. Losing a pet is so gut-wrenching. Riley is going to be 10 in February and I can't believe we'll have to go through something similar in a few years.
"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbols means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his." --John Grogan
Riley & Maggie as babies:

3 comments:
Em, Denise and I saw this too and I was bawling too. I came home and apologized to Nala and hugged her. They love soooo unconditionally! And hey, I had a great time with you....we have to try to do it at least EVERY month if we can...ok?
so you knew this was going to be a sad movie and you wanted to see it anyhow? Sheesh, I'd have skipped it! So the dog dies, really? that was like when my Mom went to take me to see My Girl and the little kid dies from a bee sting I think. My Mom was horrified - she didn't know that was the plot and she let us watch it!
i was the exact same..i also could not stop crying. it was horrible. i was crying on the car ride home. i don't think i could watch that movie again; i was just way too sad.
Post a Comment