March 20-21 were days from HELL!
Friday the 20th
My Ashley furniture FINALLY got delivered. I got everything organized...unpacked my vases and movies and all that good stuff...put the TV on the entertainment center. *silence* My brand new 46" Sony TV does not turn back on. No light. No clicking. No power whatsoever.
CURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$&*%@($*%@$&@()^$%#@#56
I try to look up the Sony website on my computer to see what they have to say about troubleshooting. My computer freezes up so I have to reboot.
I finally find the number and call Sony, and I get some indian who I can barely understand. He gives me two numbers for repair people. The one in Appleton said they only fix items bought from THEIR store. Lame. Why would Sony even give me their number if I said I bought the TV from Walmart?
So I call some place in Oshkosh and explain the same damned story to them. They can look at it, but *NEED* the receipt to verify warranty.
And so begins the mad hunt to find the receipt.
I tear apart my place trying to find it, with no luck. Why do I have every other conceivable receipt filed away neatly, yet my most highly valued item is conspicuously missing?
I call Walmart in hopes of getting a receipt re-print. The girl is crabby because she is the only one at the service desk and there are people waiting. She says she cannot find receipt in the system and that I must be calling the wrong Walmart location.
UM, NO, B!TCH............I think I know which store I bought a TV from.
Saturday the 21st
So I get up early on Saturday and plan to drive over to Walmart. Sweatpants and a hoodie on, unshowered, newly short hair standing up on end from sleeping...but hey I figured I'd blend in well with the customers. Anyway, Jon had left my lights on from the night before (complete replay from movie night w/ Ellen & Chris...I guess if you're used to having your lights auto shut off, you're GOING to accidentally leave them on in my car!). Click, click. Car completely dead. HOWEVER, thankfully because of the Chris incident**, my Dad got me a set of extra long jumper cables for Christmas. The plan was to learn how to do it myself so I could be one of those cool movie-parking-lot chicks that knows how to jump a car, but we hadn't gotten that far yet and the cables were still in my trunk in the package. That's okay. Jon came out and jumped my car in like 5 minutes and I was on my way. There is something so hot about a guy jumping a car. (and something so unattractive and wrong about a guy NOT knowing....see post tagged "jump-starting fiasco"...)
(**Let me clarify for Chris's sake: Chris DID jump my car in the movie parking lot....but the girl in the car next to us had the cables and was trying to show him how to do it. He was totally annoyed with her trying to "immasculate" him...ha ha haha).
Finally got to Walmart and began the 1/2 hour long battle with them trying to find my purchase in the computer system. Yes it was a debit. Yes I bought it on January 29 of this year. Finally the manager gave up and said they simply didn't have it. I started to think I was going crazy and felt like crying in hopelessness. In a last act of desperation I asked if it would help if I went back to electronics and got the UPC off of it so they could look it up by that, and she said they could try.
Sony Bravia
46"
UPC code
blah blah blah.
I wrote it down and trudged back to the Service Desk. From the registers I see the lady was smiling at me, and I started running towards her..."YOU FOUND IT???????????????" YES, she had. She found it by entering just the last 4 digits of my debit instead of the whole string. I felt like leaping over the counter and kissing all the Walmart ladies, and told them that. They just saved me almost $1400.
I figured my luck had to get better from then forward. I practically skipped out of the store, and called my Mom from my cell phone on my way out to tell her the story. As I was gushing my good news, I splashed through a deep puddle, soaked my pants and shoes, and the wind blew the receipt out of my hand. I was chasing the fluttering receipt down the parking lot like a madwoman, barking obsenities until it landed in a pile of snow and I frantically snatched it up. Pant, pant. Safe. Relief. Breathe, Emily, BREATHEEEEEE....
OK, so is THAT the end? What kind of sick joke is this? I was beginning to believe that dumb St. Patty's day 'menacing leprechaun' legend and figured maybe he got to me late. See, I TOLD you I hated midgety leprechauns for a reason. Stupid creepy things.
Jon is coming after work tonight and we're going to WM in attempt to EXCHANGE the TV. If that doesn't work...I guess we go to the repair place in Oshkosh. Which I totally don't want to do.
When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?
2 comments:
I FUCKIN HATE WALMART!!! Just so you know, everyone that works there is the spawn of satan...they do have little midget leprechans greeting you at the door too, I swear!!! I wouldn't buy ass cream from there if I had the world's WORST bloody throbbing hemrhoids!!!
I can totally picture you being all giddy about the finding of the receipt and then chasing the damt thing across the parking lot, swearing with your wet let & shoe. Too bad I wasn't there, I would have been humming that circus song in the background, laughing and cursing cause I couldn't find my camera! *sound familiar??*
I love Walmart! I just hate defective shit and waiting in line to return or exchange something. :)
Oh yes, the circus song...I just started laughing...I know exactly what incident you are talking about!
Let me show you something on the internet upstairs. Are you sure Duncan will be okay by himself down here? YEAH YEAH he'll be fine. Hey it smells like fartypants down here! UGH he pooped and peed down here! Let me get some paper towel to clean this up. Duncan give me back that poopy paper towel!!!!!! **chaos**
Post a Comment