Monday, January 11, 2010

Blue Eyes Floating In Unspilled Tears...

Elliot came over for dinner on Friday....it was a great night. I made him some mac and cheese (which he said he was honestly impressed with...), and then we went down the road to the cute little video store and rented Knowing (with Nicholas Cage). He picked that one. I tried several times to coax him into a horror movie, and he would just grin and walk away. Cute. ha. It's funny to me to think of a 6'4" man being scared of horror flicks...but he really isn't a fan like I am. Anyway....Knowing was AWESOME! I rarely see a rented movie that I'd actually watch again or consider buying...but I really liked this one. And hey I even remembered to return it on time tonight.

Saturday Elliot went fishing with his brother out on the ice, and I went to lunch w/ Mom and Dad at O'Charleys. Mom is doing so well...she was walking pretty much on her own without a walker or crutches, but Dad took her arm when we were outside in the snow. I love them. Dad was all excited about the glasses and we posed with them on.



OH! I cannot forget to mention. I finally decided upon a kinda cool New Year's Resolution - I'm going to try lots of different foods this year that I would normally turn my nose up at. I think this all started with Liz getting me to try Edamame late last year. I thought this would be something kinda useful for me...and fun...and out of the ordinary (I'm a little tired of having my resolution be losing weight or dieting and then failing at them). Dad got spinach and artichoke dip with chips at the restaurant, and asked me if I would try some. I told him about my resolution, and he happily scooped a bunch of slimy, leafy green looking stuff up onto a chip, and held it in front of my mouth. I put it in my mouth without even thinking, and crunched down. PRETTY GOOD! I was expecting a weird salady LEAFY taste, but not at all. WOOT FOR ME! I ATE SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES.

Avatar rocked. Dad of course insisted that we get to the theater at LEAST 30 minutes early. To my surprise, it was almost completely filled so I'm glad we did that. I texted Nicole and Jesse right away and asked if they needed a seat held, and they did (slept in a little!), so I threw a couple of our jackets on the LOVE SEAT in front of me. Every 30 seconds people were asking "Are these taken????" and I felt like Elaine from that episode of Seinfeld. Jesse saw the seat and was like "SWEET." Ha. They ARE my favorite couple ya know...so...of course I'd only do this for them. ;)

I got back around 4:30, and crashed until about 11:30 at night. Woops. I called Elliot and he was sleeping, but said we'd talk tomorrow (today).

I stayed up until some pretty wee hours. I got a lot of busy stuff done today that needed to be taken care of, and then headed over to the Janiszewski's for dinner and dessert. I got to see my Feena Bitches, and pet her soft pink belly. And Duncan and his squiggle-nose. And the 3 kitties I saw as babies when we onboarded them in Emily Anderson's garage. I can't believe they are all full grown now! Full grown and amazingly beautiful. I didn't see much of Phantom, but Pearl purred and snuggled on my lap and let me touch his ear flappies, and Grace is so beautiful she could be a show cat...she has the fluffiest black shiny squirrel tail I've ever seen.

Jen's family is fun. I like that they are no holds barred, and we can talk like sailors if we want to and tell stories like the best of them. :) Jen's Mom made a wonderful recipe from Giada DeLaurentiis (Food Channel)...it was her version of Spaghetti with Bolegnese(sp?) sauce. Served with bread and cheese crumbles. UM: YUM. DELICIOUS. The sauce even had sausage and mushrooms and big leafy green pieces of BASIL in it, and I ate it all. With a second helping. I even got sent home with a piece of Tiramisu which I inhaled. Thank you, awesome family.

I had some pretty weird shit happen to me tonight after dinner. I'm not really liking it. As you can see, it's 1:33 a.m. and I still cannot get to sleep, and I have to work very early tomorrow. Uck. Gut-ache. I do not like bullies and will not be involved in this drama. I am going to be 33 years old next month. I think at some point in your life, you just decide what you are and are not going to deal with in life. This, I will not. It would pain me to do so, but if it doesn't go away I guess I'd even consider leaving what I love. :( I don't want to have to do that, because I have so much to give. I think it will be okay. I just need to talk with some friends and family tomorrow...which always makes me feel better.

I have another announcement.... :) .....but I'll wait a day or two on that...

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

Do you need me to beat anyone up? I would be willing in a heart beat especially if you would be considering leaving OARS. I want to know this drama and I'm sure I know who is to blame.

Jesse and I can't thank you guys enough for saving us seats! I would have been bummed not to have seats by you guys. Who would have thought it would have been PACKED at 12.

I love you guys and I love you Em and if someone is such a bully for you to even THINK about leaving one of the things you love, you know he or she lives a pathetic life that is probably so sad they have to never be at home. They are not worth your time. He/she is not worth any of your tears so don't waste any on them. I love you and want you to be very HOPPY!!!! And what is this other news...that's just a mean way to end of Blog.