Sunday, January 24, 2010

V-DAY



I was all over hell's half acre the other night...on a desperate search to find Spree Hearts. Sprees used to come in red & white hearts for Valentine's Day, but I haven't seen them in years, so I was set on finding them. I even went to my very first CVS because I heard they "might" be there. And that was a bad idea. Not only did they have NO spree hearts at CVS (or good candy of ANY kind), it was full of old people and smelled like garbage.

I would like to lodge a complaint about what Valentine candy has become. I have been to Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Woodmans, ShopKo....you name it....I've been there searching...and there is crap for selection. Only 2 of those stores even had CLASSIC Peeps! I haven't even seen the normal conversation hearts out there. I'm not talking about the glittery SweetTart conversation hearts with Hannah Montana or Twilight characters slapped on the package. I'm talking about the classic ones...made by Stark (who makes Necco wafers). I found some crap BRACH ones at ShopKo and made the mistake of "settling" for them. They were all SOFT and non-crunchy like they are supposed to be. BOOOOOO. *garbage can*

OK. So this is what V-Day candy has become: It has become pre-bagged Halloween candy, just with Valentine's Day wrapping on it. It's all mini-candy bars, etc...with pink wrapping. So what. It's still a damned Twix bar. That isn't Valentine Candy!

Oh, mainstream culture...major DISLIKE. My Mom and I, both candy EXPERTS, strongly protest this new trend. You are making a huge mistake.

No comments: