My presentation stress is OVER -- everything went well on Wednesday. I left for Chicago last night around 6:45 after Mom came by and I chatted w/ her for a while. The drive was not as LONGGGGG as I thought it was going to be...maybe I was doing a lot of thinking or listening ot music or something. Regarding the drive...apparently the default for Garmin GPS systems is that it will route you around tolls. I didn't know this, so after a while I noticed I was being routed through Waukegan, missed Gurnee and going passed Great America Altogether, and instead of hitting the Edens, Kennedy, & Dan Ryan Expressways, I was hitting stop lights and going through SKOKIE. I will have to fix that for the ride home on Sunday.
Heidi called me around 10:15 p.m. and was wondering where I was at, and when she seemd a bit concerned about my whereabouts, I started to panic a little. Then I just settled myself down and decided...well, just follow the GPS...it must be routing you SOMEWHERE. I entered the address correctly. And it said estimated arrival time 10:31 p.m. So yeah, eventually I hit the circle, then Lake Shore, and then Lake Park. WHEW. I have such a fear of getting lost.
Heidi and I watched a super scary movie last night called Drag Me to Hell. Some of the scariest shit I've seen since Exorcist, yet...also some of the CHEESIEST parts added in that I've ever seen, where Heidi and I literally busted out laughing. Ha. I guess you'll have that with horror flicks.
This morning we had 1-hour massages scheduled at the School of Massage downtown. We were both thinking when we went in there...God I hope we don't get guys. I guess here you cannot specify. So around the corner walk two guys, ready to take us back. haha!! Ah, the luck. He was actually very good and I didn't feel uncomfortable. Except whenever he squeezed massage oil into his hand, the bottle or oil made a funny noise that sounded like he was unzipping his pants.
After our massages we went to a fun scrapbooking/paper store, Olive Garden for lunch, and then went to IKEA and some other stores. Got some awesome pizza tonight from Edwardo's and watched another movie. I am relaxing on the couch right now with Baby Coco, who is so nice and cuddly.

That's it for now I guess. So thankful Mom is at my place...I would just be worried otherwise. Anyway, I guess Mom woke up a couple times during the night, and Mona was inches away from her face, just STARING at her mask (she wears a bi-pap for sleep apnea). ha ha!! I can just see her doing that. Goofy cat.
1 comment:
Mona is just so sassy!!! I love her
Post a Comment