Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm her little dumplin'!

Mom and Dad came into town today, and called me at work because they brought me some stuff and wanted me to come out and get it. A little care package! Mom made me some home-made chicken dumpling soup!! She also had some bread in a plastic bag (to go with the soup!), some brownies with frosting on them, valentine cookies, a magazine, and a few other goodies. YAY! I couldn't wait to get out of work today and come home to eat that soup...I haven't eaten it for years and years...and it's just how I remember it being when I was little. DELICIOUS! yumyumyumyumyumyumyumyum

This week is an extremely stressful one for me. I have a big presentation at work that will happen twice on Wednesday. The prep for it is insanity. I don't know...I have been pretty busy with shelter stuff. Tomorrow I get to babysit for Ella and Leah while Brian and Jamie go out to dinner for her birthday (highlight!! yeah!!). I also have homework up the wazoo...have to listen to last Thursday's lecture in wav files yet, read, study, turn in an article idea, and take an online quiz before EOD Wednesday of this week.

I have Friday off and leave Thursday after work to go pick up Mr. Nut and go see Heidi in Chicago (Mom is bringing me Coco in Oshkosh so Heidi can see him for the weekend). I am looking forward to visiting Heidi, but this week has me so stressed out that I can't even really get excited about it yet. Also, I really don't like the thought of the long, boring drive all by myself, and the traffic that I'll come across in Chicago. I am not a fan of long drives, or driving in big cities. I know I have a GPS this time, but still. Nerves... :)

I think I'll feel much better at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday. I know we will have fun. We're going to get massages, rent movies, go out to eat, and maybe meet James out one of the nights (if he's not traveling).

3 comments:

olivia said...

Mr. Nut? Coco? I'm confused.

Em V said...

My sister Heidi has a dog named Coconut and she sometimes calls him Mr. Nut as a funny nickname. My parents have been watching him because she's been away from home quite a bit and didn't want him to get lonely...

Nicole Lynn said...

What are you doing for an article?!?! I am so confused on it. I hate it. I hope today is so much better! @ least today is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! (for you at least)