Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kitties, Kitties, Everywhere...

I haven't updated on shelter stuff in a while. I could go into more detail, but this entry would be WAY too long.

Several months ago, I fostered 4 baby black kitties (the Twilight kittens!): Esme, Alice, Rosalie, and Carlisle. Boy were they cute. I think I had them almost two weeks, and then I brought them to the shelter to be adopted. They were such a blast to have and I'm glad I got to experience them. Here are some pictures & videos.










Now on to my next foster - Grandpa Kitty MORRIS SPECKLENOSE! He came from an owner who passed from cancer. :( This man's nice family placed 5 of his 9 kitties, and OARS took in 4 of them. Morris is 13 1/2 years old. OARS was remodeling part of the upstairs at the shelter, and I said I'd take him for a couple weeks while those renovations took place. Morris was an absolute JOY. It really tore me up when I brought him back to the shelter, but I know that I cannot keep every foster. As Nicole B always says...you do what you gotta do and then bring them back....it hurts...but you have to make room to help others. I hope with all my heart Morris finds a good home.








There's so much more I could write about. I just can't think and don't want to stay up any later tonight. Purple Paw Parade is coming up next month already, and I've still got some great donations coming in...this walk is a favorite of mine (in years past it was the Human Race), and I'm really looking forward to it and seeing how much money we can bring in for OARS.

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

OMG I love the black kitties and Grandpa Morris! They are all absolutely adorable