Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Nissan had a boo-boo!!!

I haven't updated in so long I don't even know where to begin. Car update.

Several weeks ago my car died on the highway on the way to Pet Supplies Plus! I pulled it over to the side, called Mom & Dad, and then called Non-Emergency. Some cute cops came and helped me out and called a tow truck while I wanted for my parents to come get me. We just had it towed to the dealership in Oshkosh, since that's where I got it from.

Nicole is the nicest friend ever and drove me to work those 4 days I was without my car. I did have her picking me up at 6:45 (she gets to work at 7, almost an hour and a half earlier than I'm used to!), so it was a shock to my system for sure, but I was glad for the ride and also glad to leave at 4 p.m.

$150 for the towing (thanks Mom and Dad), and just over $800 to fix my car (thanks Mom and Dad, again....just add it to my tab that I can never seem to pay off). The coolant got too low and my car overheated. It blew an engine gasket and some other things in there and leaked coolant and oil everywhere. Thank God it wasn't the transmission though...that would've been several thousands, so my Dad says.

Still have one thing left to fix on it...those warped rotars. Will do that this summer!

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

CUTE Background!!

Also, no problem giving you a ride to work...it is so nice getting out at 4 :)