Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My New Pirate

I have a new Pirate Kitty at my place and his name is Sylvester. His eye was very badly infected so he needed to have it removed last Saturday. I went to the shelter to pick him up a few nights ago. To my absolute delight, Mona Lisa's sassy little face was staring at me through the door to the upstairs! I sure miss that wonderful, spunky, hilarious girl. Seriously...look at the first picture here...she is MID-LEAP trying to attack my dangling camera cord. :D How can you not laugh??





And here is Sylvester...first glimpse of him in his 'recovery cage' in the kitchen at the shelter. Look at those fresh stitches. I never saw Jazzy with stitches...her eye was long healed by the time I adopted her.



He is very shy, but has been slinking around at night and meowing....inching a little closer each time. I hear he was a barn kitty, so he's just probably not well socialized yet. He'll come around! He's a pumpkin. I took this one of him peeking at me from around the coffee table the first night I got him to my place:



I can remove his remaining stitches Friday and he should be done with his syringe medicine then too. Sylvester is very very timid and non-aggressive, so Mollie is tolerating him well and things are going nicely so far. I'll socialize him for a few weeks and then he goes back to the shelter for adoption.

Oh...I've missed this...in the process of fostering a needy animal, you are not only healing them but healing yourself too. That is the magic of it.

No comments: