Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Recap in Bullet Points

I have so much to catch up on that it's become overwhelming, so I'm going to try summing up some of the past weeks events and random thoughts into bullet points.

  • Jared took me stream fishing on the Wolf River a few Sundays ago, and I caught 3 smallies by myself! I loved it.
  • I miss Mona Lisa. I miss Mona Lisa. I miss Mona Lisa.
  • Dad bought me some vintage comic books from a rummage sale. Yay!
  • I went to Watertown w/ Mom on the 4th to watch the parade and visit with relatives I rarely see.
  • Uncle Burt passed away. His funeral is tomorrow. :( He was always such a nice guy, and I will fondly remember him stepping on Stuey, doing puzzles 24/7, and STILL driving at 92 years old.
  • Today kind of sucked. Work was stressful and hurtful, and my underwear were up my ass all day long. Meh. I have to recenter. I have a lot to be thankful for and need to remember what really matters in the grand scheme of things. AND, from Liz..."God is in control." That is so comforting.
  • There is jack shit on TV right now
  • Gary fixed my horrendous brakes...new brake pads and new rotors. I'm gliding like a mofo now! So smooth. Yahoo Gary!
  • Jesse & Nicole got engaged on July 4! I'm truly happy for them. They are young (compared to me), but have been together 3.5+ years and made sure it was time, and saved up money before doing it. Good for them for doing it right. Beats 5 different engagements, failed marriages, or even unexpected kids that can come from rushing too fast into things. I love you both with all my heart and can't wait to be a part of your special day.
  • Sara Ann, Matt, George, and Stuart moved out of the Res Hall and into their first home! I cannot wait to go visit.
  • Took my car to Bergstrom to have them see what check engine light was on for, and some valve was getting stuck open and starting to overheat the car. Cha-ching! $265 later. This better be the last damned problem with this car.
  • I actually paid off my car in full recently. Now, time to save for my visit to AUSTRALIA, and my very own HOUSE!
  • I walked the friendship trail all the way across and all the way back. And I liked it. A little hot, but good company.
  • My emotions, and my sleeping schedule, are awry as usual.
  • I bought new Nike running shoes last weekend, and started the "Couch to 5K" running program this week.
  • I miss OARS. I miss the animals and the events.
  • Money, Banking, & National Income class is proving to be hard, as I suspected. Dad, can you just take this class for me?

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

* I think your car hates you

* Fishing = I'm jealous you are able to fish for that long

* I get to marry my best friend and you wil be there and you must take pictures

* Let me know how running goes...I suck at it