Thursday I went to O.G. with Olivia and it was fabulous. We had some laughs and then I talked us both into dessert. I think I inhaled the tiramisu in under 5 minutes. Yummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Friday I went to Mom and Dad's. They were at Norita's (the neighbor's) house when I got up there, but they said they'd be home in a bit. I let the dogs out and pretty soon I see some guy driving over into Mom & Dad's yard on a 4-wheeler. He said, "Hi...your Mom told me to come get you and bring you over to the party". UMMMM. I let the dogs back inside and climbed on the back. Pete drove us over there and I found out my social anxiety has not gotten any better with age....as we approached I had about 15 people look up from their lawn chairs and stare me down. Whaa. I cowered my way over to my Dad and was tearing up behind my sunglasses. People were smiling and asking me questions and I could barely speak or look up to answer them. I'm sure I came across as a major bitch but really it's just INTENSE shyness. What a horrible first impression. :(
Happy 41st Anniversary to Mom and Dad yesterday, by the way.
This weekend the weather was beautiful, especially today. I forced myself to go to the gym, and today's jog was the hardest I've done so far - I thought at some points I wasn't even going to make it through the workout. I've added weights but still no results. Still not giving up. Even if I'm not seeing results in my waistline, I do feel better.
Tonight I hit up Holidays with cousin Bear for a beer and some dinner. I'm so not ready to go back to work tomorrow, but at least it's a 4-day week.
Mom and Dad are coming into town this week to put flowers on the grandparents' graves. I would like to go with.
Old Girl:

No comments:
Post a Comment