Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What is wrong with me?

I have been so bad at updating this thing.

Feeling a little somber tonight.

I've been thinking a lot about why I make the decisions I do....why my mind works the way it does. I was chatting w/ Kerry tonight and we had the discussion about being attracted to the 'bad boy'. It never fails to be a terrible experience all around, so why the irresistible PULL? Stupid. I have wasted my life being attracted to the bad boy. What a love-hate mess. I love the attraction, but hate how I always get wrecked in the end because of their inevitable PROBLEMS (addictions...either to themselves, or to some other fool vice). I think I need a phlebotomy to get my priorities in line.

It's May and still quite gray and gloomy outside. Despite the weather, I've been trying to go for at least a short walk every night to clear my mind and get some fresh air. I also started on some vitamin D supplements as suggested by my doctor, since most people's levels are in the toilet this time of year. I think both have been helping quite a bit. I cannot wait for summer. On my walk tonight I smelled fresh cut grass and it filled my brain with happy memories.

Dad is turkey hunting at the cabin for several days. Saturday is the Sole Burner 5K. And Sunday is Mother's Day! I'm hoping to talk Mom into coming into town for lunch and a pedicure. :)

No comments: