So proud of myself. I've been working out almost every day for 3 weeks. It feels so good...helps me sleep better and improves my mood. I just wish I'd be seeing some sort of results by now. I don't really care what the scale says, but shouldn't my pants at least be fitting better? Despite the discouragement, I'm not going to stop now...
I've heard a lot of people say I need to watch what I eat in conjunction with the working out. I'm so reluctant to start "counting" stuff again...I like such a LIMITED variety of foods that going on Weight Watchers again means going back to microwave meals like Lean Cuisine and Easy Mac. I got so sick of those the last time I can barely look at them anymore. For now I'm just lightly watching what I'm eating: cutting way back on pizza, no ice cream, very little candy, no fast food, and no fattening snacks like chips in the house. All my diet basically consists of (and it's been this way my entire life) is simple carbs such as rice, baked goods, breads, noodles, and candy! I hate vegetables. Hate them. Every site I read on the internet says you have to LEARN to like them, but that just isn't gonna be possible with me. The thought of eating lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, or anything of the sort nudges at my gag reflex. *brrr*
So yeah. For now...mostly just exercise and "watching" what I eat.
Speaking of working out. At Snap Fitness there's a row of about 4 wall-mounted televisions on the far wall. Right underneath them is a line of treadmills and behind that are a line of ARC/Elliptical Trainers. Behind that are a bunch of weight machines. I noticed that probably 99% of ALL people who get off the treadmills in that front row flip the TV off when they're done working out, without looking back. Like they are the ONLY SOUL in that room who was watching that one TV. WHAT THE HELL? Another case of either not being aware of your surroundings, or just plain not giving a fuck. Why wouldn't your first instinct be to turn around....turn to EVERYONE using the equipment behind you, facing forward in that exact direction, and ask if they'd like it left on???? SO baffled by this behavior. Some lady did it to me again tonight in the middle of the show. I took my earbud out and asked her if she could turn it back on and hand me the remote. WTF people.
1 comment:
Good for you for going so often! As for noticing a change, I ran all summer and did not lose an ounce. Now I have started doing 8 or so minutes of cardio, then loads of squats, lunges and other weights with maybe another cardio round in the middle. I have lost 8 pounds since you left but even more then the lbs, it is the change in my shape. I did cut out caramel slices too though. :-) And you know I like my veggies! Keep at it and shake things up and you will see lots of results.
Post a Comment