Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Free at last, Free at last...

First and foremost, my boyfriend won Best Male Vocalist of the year on the CMAs.



For once, there is actually a lot new. My life has done sort of a 180 and I'm moving into my own place on January 1. I was approved last week and go to sign lease papers this Thursday. I am excited and, admittedly, a little nervous for this change-in-direction, but I think it will be fun. And turns out, my friend Emily will be my next door neighbor.

Dad's on his yearly month-long hunting trip. He got 1 buck on opening day, a doe that Wednesday morning, and another buck in the evening. On Saturday when he was bringing Sam back to Jared and Ellen, he hit a huge buck right outside of Montello. The truck got pretty banged up in the front and wasn't drivable, so he tagged the buck and got a wrecker to bring him back to Pine River. Dad gutted it the next morning in the back of his pick-up while I hid in the house. He put the guts in a plastic bag and my Mom made him haul it to the dump so the dogs wouldn't track it down in the woods (they have before!). But then just the two of them couldn't move it from the truck bed to my Mom's car, so my Dad INSISTED I help move it. I put on gloves and closed my eyes and looked away while I pushed, and blood was oozing out from under it as it slid. Bleh. Finally we got it fully on there and he rigged it up through my Mom's back windows. He slammed the tailgate shut on his truck and all this blood SPLASHED through onto the gravel. I gasped in horror and my Dad said "now, now, half of that is water because I sprayed out the truck bed.' GROSS. My Dad said people were honking and giving him the "thumbs up" on the way to Stoneridge meats, and some lady even stopped and took PICTURES. I think my Dad thought he was all COOL. But really he hit it with his truck, not an arrow. I had to remind him of that.



Well, last Saturday we had our little Pottery Painting Party at Winne/Wood Gallery. Totally different crowd this year. It was me, Mom, Jen, Stacey, Kerry, Jane, and Jamie. Everyone had a great time. We all brought in yummy food and drinks, so we enjoyed those while we painted and listened to music. It was fun to sit next to Jane and laugh about little inside jokes from our childhood. After 30 years, we are still the same giggly girls we've always been. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures this year!...maybe we can pick up our stuff together after it's all fired and get a group photo.

Speaking of Jane...this Friday I baby-sit for Chloee while Jane goes to dinner & A Christmas Carol w/ her family. I am elated to have Chloee all to myself!! *hog* I've watched her during the day before, but never had to feed her dinner and put her to bed, so it will be a little different...but rest-assured Janie will have me up-to-speed before she leaves. Chloee goes to bed around 8:15 or 8:30, so I'm just going to bring a movie and a book, and spend the night there in the extra bedroom. Saturday I'm meeting Sara Ann, baby George, and Kerry at Tumbleweed for lunch. Can't wait to catch up with them!

Next week is Thanksgiving already! I know Heidi is coming home, but not sure about Jared and Ellen yet...I know Ellen has been working weekends, and her and Jared are also in the midst of house-hunting. Jared needs to get his ass home so I can try out the new Wii with him! I will kick his ass all over the golf course.

Sort of a side-thought, but have any of you ever eaten at Erberts & Gerberts? They have a bunch of weird names for their subs...I don't know, to be quirky or funny or something. The Narmer. The Jacob Bluefinger. The turkey sub happens to be named the Bony Billy. I just can't bring myself to call it that. But whenever I nonchalantly say, "yeah I'll have a turkey sub with...." they butt in "OH YOU MEAN THE BONY BILLY?????" Dude!!!! Are they trained that using their stupid sub names is MANDATORY? Just let me order my damned turkey & cheese sub and get out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...now that's a buck. I don't care how he got it. Hopefully, I will see something like that this weekend. Keehan