I was attempting to leave work a little early last Friday, and then went out to my car to discover my battery was dead from leaving my lights on. Argh! I went back into work and asked the receptionist if any of the maintenance guys were here and could I get some help jumping my car. Two security guards walked over a charged car-jumping kit. When I asked them if they could show me, they began fumbling through the directions, saying that they've never jump-started a car before. DURR! WHAT GUY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT? Come on. Maybe I'm being old school here, but it just seems like that's something a man should be able to do. I grabbed the directions and jumper away from them all annoyed and just went to figure it out myself. My biggest obstacle was finding the HOOD LATCH. That's right!! Laugh it up. But seriously, it is the most retardedly placed hood latch in the entire world.
Anyway. Thank God I made it to Janie's in time! Babysitting for Chloee was so much fun. I am amazed at how many words she can say now. For not even being 2 years old - she has quite the vocabulary! I find it funny how much of Jane I see in her already. She loads up her little purse with toys and goes "shopping", has a certain fascination with trying on shoes, and pretends to put on make-up.
I met Kerry, Sara Ann, & George for lunch that next morning at Tumbleweed. George ate his peas and sweet potato puffs while we ate our food - he was such a good boy! I cannot believe how big he has gotten. Sara congratulated Kerry & me on our new beginnings - and that felt good.

I'm so glad this week is a short one for the Thanksgiving Holidays! Ellen, Jared, Sam, and Heidi are all going to be at Mom & Dad's. Heidi is bringing home her good camera and tripod so we can get a first-ever Vanesky Family Christmas photo to send out as a Christmas card. You know, sort of like the coveted SWAIM picture/letter.
No comments:
Post a Comment