I had a great birthday last Friday.
A bunch of friends took me out to lunch at El Azteca (I made sure nobody alerted the staff it was my birthday). I haven't seen anyone in a big group in a while, so it was a lot of fun.

That same night, Jane met me at Olive Garden around 5:45 and she bought me dinner and gave me a nice present. I didn't get The Rock bag this year, but that is because I HAVE IT! I'll have to make use of it on the 19th when SHE turns 31. Fwah h ah aha. Anyway, Jane came to my place afterwards and we just watched TV, looked through some funny pictures, and played PARCHEESI. I won, although we screwed the game up royally anyway. "Oops, I went around twice. Let me try to backtrack here..." Do you see the senility setting in????
Sunday, Jen came over at 10:30 a.m. and we went to my parents' house for breakfast. Dad made eggs, hash browns & bacon and it was SO good -- he makes the best food in the world. Riley & Maggie had baths, and Riley had her traditional after-bath FRIZZ tail. This time it seemed EXTRA frizzy. Riley took a special liking to Jen and gave her lots of kisses. Anyway, while Jen and Dad had a show-and-tell with her bow/his guns, Mom gave me a bunch of stuff to take home and also a really awesome Lia Sophia necklace she ordered for my birthday. I'm wearing it today and it's really colorful -- totally me! Jen's Mom made me a beautiful necklace and matching earrings that will go with a lot of my work clothes. Happiness!
I have to say, now that I haven't dyed my hair in over 3 months and have about an inch and a half of roots coming in, I can see lots of white hairs in there. How pretty.
Rest of this week:
Tonight I have a fundraising meeting for Saving Paws.
Tomorrow I help clean cages.
Thursday is Lost.
Friday Heidi comes home.
Saturday is Girls' Night.
WOOT!
4 comments:
oh it sounds like fun!! i might have to pass on the breaking up this even tho it says we are compatiable :)
ha, ha... white hairs. No worries - I turn 31 this year too and I bet mine match yours. Want to have a hair dye appointment? I'm going on my birthday in April to have my highlights put back in for that very reason.
All those blonde jokes used to be funny until I realized they have one thing really going for them - the gray doesn show!
ha, ha... white hairs. No worries - I turn 31 this year too and I bet mine match yours. Want to have a hair dye appointment? I'm going on my birthday in April to have my highlights put back in for that very reason.
All those blonde jokes used to be funny until I realized they have one thing really going for them - the gray doesn show!
my comment was SO important I had to post it twice :)
Post a Comment