Wednesday, March 26, 2008

No Peeps for Me!

I went to Mom and Dad's for Easter. Since I hate ham, they lured me up by offering to make TACOS instead. YUMMY! SOOOO good. Dad noticed that the taco shells he bought have a new, flat bottom. I thought it was so that the tacos would stand up on their own when you put stuff in 'em. He thinks they were made that way to hold larger amounts of MEAT inside. ha. I had promised Heidi I'd take videos of the dogs, but Dad had already had them for a long run earlier in the day...plus they were bounding around in the snow the rest of the morning. They were huge sleepy piles by the time I got there and the video would have been a still one. Anyway, I stayed until later afternoon and Mom gave me a bunch of stuff to bring home, including some "healthy" Easter treats. :D

Dude. I got BRACES on my bottom teeth today! Full metal! FULL METAL JACKET!! I keep looking in the mirror at how weird it looks. I feel like my lower lip is sticking out (as Nicole said, "just tell people you have a dip in..." ha hah haha). Anyway, the pulled tooth didn't hurt much, and these braces don't hurt...YET. I hope they don't rub the inside of my mouth raw like the brackets did for a while. *fingers crossed*

I'm waiting to hear back from Kerry, but I think we are going to meet the new Pokorny addition this Sunday! I just want to make sure I'm over this cold so I don't pass it on to anyone (as I type from work. ha ha). Um but seriously. I haven't really felt well since Sunday, and I got a hold of Jill & Mikki and let them know I am not going to be at the Shelter tonight as planned. With all the hand sanitizer we use, I'm sure I wouldn't get anyone sick...but it's more of a fact that I feel run down and poopy. I think I will just cuddle with my kitties tonight.

Here is a new one of Pirate Kitty I took last night:

2 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

come back to work!

Anonymous said...

tacos for Easter? I've never heard of that one but next year count me in! That's my favorite food... And braces - argh - been there and done that. Isn't it crazy how they make you feel like your lips stick out. Don't worry, they don't look like they feel!