Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn has officially arrived...I LOVE THIS WEATHER!

Do you know...that more people believe in angels than in evolution?

...

I had a doctor appointment yesterday, and barely made it out of there without crying. I feel like I haven't cried in a very long time, but I was really frustrated. I could be bleeding from my eyeballs and this jackass would tell me "everything looks fine". SCREW YOU, old man. Momma met me after my appointment and gave me a little gift and a hug before I composed myself and went back to work. I love her...soooo much. She would do anything to comfort me...anyone she loves for that matter. Anyway, I've had a hard time sleeping lately, and even small things like gripping the steering wheel, and typing are painful for me. I think I will call United Health tomorrow and see how expensive it is to see someone out of network.

This weekend I volunteered at Oktoberfest from 12-3. I had fun! Kami and I signed up for the same shift as "boat fillers". Jeff and Krista stopped by with the girls (I love how the girls call me "Miss Emily"), and Jamie and Brian came by with Ella as well. I was happy to have visitors! I saw other random people I knew walking by in the crowd, but couldn't really chase them down to say hi. Saving Paws had a few complaints that we are a no-kill shelter and were selling hot wings, which I didn't expect...but hmm...maybe it's something to think about for next year.


Ellen and Jared are coming home on Friday. Dad is making tacos for supper - yummy! I'm going to stay one of the nights; and hopefully we can go bowling or Jared will take me fishing. I'd even be happy just sitting around the fire with the fam in this nice fall weather.

So tonight I went to Fleet Farm strictly to buy a dolley, which took me forever to find, and I finally found under "Hand Trucks" (WHAT?). I headed over to PetSmart after that to get the much needed cat litter, and bought three 40 lb pails of it all at once since it was on sale. I get back here, load it up onto this dolley, push it up the ramp to my apartment, unlock the door, maneuver all this shit back to the elevator, and THE ELEVATOR WAS OUT OF SERVICE!!! It has never been out of service before. The day I go specifically have this idea to get a dolley because my wrists can't take carrying those heavy litter pails from the parking lot up to my 2nd floor apartment....is the ONE day out of 365 that I decide to actually carry it out, and the elevator isn't working? Cheese and crackers.

Last thought for the night. I want to visit the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. I think that should be a Mom/Em trip.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mutter Museum? Sounds like a great date destination. Here's what I read are some of its "one-of-a-kind treasures" on display:

- The plaster cast of the torso of world-famous Siamese Twins, Chang & Eng, and their conjoined livers
- Joseph Hyrtl's collection of skulls
- Preserved body of the "Soap Lady"
- Collection of 2,000 objects extracted from people's throats
- Cancerous growth removed from President Grover Cleveland

As a niece of mine used to say..."Ewwwwwwww"

Em V said...

Bill! You said the same thing ("EW") when my Mom and I went to go see the Body Worlds exhibit in Chicago.

I love this kind of stuff - it's so interesting!

I actually saw a little segment on it on the Travel Channel - it was listed as one of the "World's Creepiest Places". Right up my alley!! Check it out on YouTube some time.

Anonymous said...

i've never heard of the mutter museum either...

em, i hope you figure out the source of your yucky feel lately. be persistent and go see a doctor that will help you out!

and nice touch on the hand truck! while you were at fleet you should have picked up some sort of horse ramp to put down on the stairs. sounds like it wasn't your day.

ha - i just went to type in the word verification thing and it says "lamez". is that a sign? am i lame?

Em V said...

Hi Rhi. I know the source. I just can't get him to let me try different/modern medicines for it. He's old school.

You aren't lamez! LOL. My word right now is zqnjgijo. I have to have a word verification to leave a comment on my own blog.

Did Autumn play with the beads yet?