Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let the Gaming Begin

Barack Obama is our new president! I'm kind of excited about the change. Dad is less than thrilled.

Last week Friday was Saving Paws' Boo Bash...Mom and Dad came into town and attended with me. I was glad to have their support. Dad bid on a couple baskets (one full of tools, and some Jeff Gordon autographed picture)...but was quickly out-bid on both and gave up. He seemed more interested in all the stuff on the table. He found a crinkly bag full of goodies and was all excited because he saw little sausage tubes in there, and thought they were cheese. Upon closer inspection it was a goodie bag for dogs, and those tubes contained dog food. WELL THIS ISN'T CHEESE! **disappointed** He took some Halloween pretzel bags instead.

After I left, my name was drawn for the PlayStation 3! Yay! I can't wait to go out and buy games for it. I had to call Jared immediately. We only had 2 squares on the board - I bought one and Mom bought one for me, so $20 total investment for a $400 prize. Not bad!!!

I had an orthodontist appointment today and got my bottom braces tightened again. This time I got Halloween orange taken off and put on a Christmasy red. You gotta make such a horrible process a LITTLE exciting, right? Nerd. My next appointment is the very end of December, and I get my top braces put on. I'm a little nervous for it, but it shouldn't be too bad as I paid extra to have the top brackets be clear.

I topped off my gas tank today for $25. When the pump stopped, I thought it was some sort of mistake at first.

Dad is gone hunting for the month and will not be home until Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving will be lonely this year - no Heidi, Ellen, or Jared. Poo.

Some pictures taken at Mom & Dad's:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

phew, that's a lot in one post! i love your dad he always seems to have the best comments!!! i'd laugh all the time if i were around them.

hye, i haven't seen your braces. we so have to do lunch. don't worry about the top ones...it's all not so bad and will be off before you can say cheese for the next family picture.

totally agree on gas prices. i think they lowered them to make us all happy and encourage us to vote...

Anonymous said...

Dad helped the neighbor make all those corn stalk things--I forget the proper name for them. Dad was so proud. He said it was a lot of hard work. Some farmers make them so that animals can go in and have a home during the winter months. Look at goo--all excited--and regal riley.
-Heidi
ps--anonymous is also me about your kits

Anonymous said...

Supers looks so proud in that pic! And goozies, she is just a goof! My fav pic of her is her hiding behind the bushes stalking!! They're so damn funn! I can't wait for you to see Duncan this weekend!!