Monday, November 17, 2008

Never Drink a Butterscotch Martini

Saturday was martini night at Deja Vu and we went out to see The JoeTones play. So weird to have Dad in a bar with me! A good group of people showed up. Emily & Dave, Nicole & Jesse, Jim & Dee (and her sister & brother-in-law), Jen, Chris, Keith, Kami, Dad, and Heidi. I was drinking Butterscotch martinis at first, which were yummy at the time, but the thought of them now makes me want to puke. Ugh! Never...drinking...again...see, this is why I never go out. My tolerance is so low that even one drink puts me over the edge. And then my judgement is ruined to where I don't stop at one and continue drinking when I shouldn't. Phooey.

It seems like there's a lot going on this weekend already. Thursday and Friday I have off for vacation, and Thursday I'm going to the shelter early to clean because a girl scout troup is touring at 6:00 p.m. Kerry just sent me an email saying she's going to be in town with Brian this weekend, and they will be out at Jimmy Seas at 9:00 on Friday with a bunch of friends if I want to come. Saturday I am meeting someone in Fond du Lac for a date. I'm really nervous about it. I can't really pinpoint what is making me THIS nervous though.....maybe I just feel so incredibly out of touch with the dating scene. Anyway, we still have to figure out times and all that. Jamie and Brian sent out an email today about a game night for Saturday...that sounds like so much fun! Don't know what time I'll get back (it's supposed to be a day-time thing), but maybe I can still make that. Saturday there's also a girls' night out at The Bar...with some ladies from work. And I guess Sunday I'm going to a movie with Ellen! Here is our little text messaging string:

Ellen: If I come home this weekend will you go to a movie (of my choice) with me?
Me: I am busy saturday but i would go another day. i have thurs and fri off
Ellen: sunday?
Me: Sure
Ellen: Promise
Me: Yes of course
Ellen: Okay we are going to see "twilight" -no backing out now:) Oh, and I am staying at your house after
Me: What is twilight. Is it going to be a chick flick??
Ellen: It's based on this book series heidi had me read

She clarified it's not a chick flick really (thank God)....it's about vampires. I should like it then. I just thought the way she phrased that first question was kind of cute - so typically Ellen..."a movie of MY choice"... :)

Here's a screenshot of my little meez girl, reading a book like I plan to do tonight. Jesse - this is for you. "you're such a DORK Nicole"

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

3 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

haha i love it! Seriously - Twilight looks like such a good movie! I can't believe you haven't heard of it yet...

Anonymous said...

Why, when you list the people that showed up for drunken martini nite, does my name have to be right next to Chris A...hole??? God Damn it Emree...no more Chris next to my name. If that means I have to date a woman next, I will. I'm super cereal! :(

Anonymous said...

BTW...I also forgot to tell you - when my brother, Jake, was little he couldn't say butterscotch. He used to pronounce it botch crotch. I think of him every time butterscotch is mentioned. So, you will puke in your mouth a little from now on and I will giggle a little harder still!