Monday, February 2, 2009

Humira

I was yelling at Nicole today for only posting "forwards", but then I realized I haven't made an update since mid-January. Woopsie.

I went to visit Ellen a few weekends ago and wanted to post some cute videos from that, but I left my camera at Ellen & Jared's place. >:0[ Poo. I guess I will have to wait on those, but I promise they'll be good. Jared is too funny.

Well, I haven't mentioned this up until now, but listened to my Mom's urging and tried a new rheumatologist in Oshkosh. I'm so glad I went! He accomplished more in one visit than Grandone did in SIX YEARS of seeing him. I should sue him for progressing joint damage all those years instead of giving me a firm diagnosis and giving me the correct medicine to treat it. *growl*

This new doctor saw swelling and fluid in my knees immediately, bursitis in my left hip, puffy fingers and wrists, very restricted movement in my wrists and shoulders...and my tests came back with a very high SED rate and Rheumatoid Factor. He is going to start me on Humira, which is a pen injection taken in the stomach or leg every two weeks. I should be able to pick the shots up from the pharmacy on Wednesday.

I got this little Humira kit that comes with an ice pack and practice test. I picked up some alcohol prep swabs from Walmart and also went online to myHumira and ordered the free sharps disposal container. So I should be ready. I'm not nervous. I'm so ready to have all this pain and soreness decrease. I've been limping around this past week it's gotten so bad.

So, I happy! Things should get better.

2 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

you have to yourself shots? *brave soul*

Em V said...

They are pen shots so you just click a button and it goes in. You don't even see a needle.

Also, it doesn't go deep into the muscle, it just pricks the upper layer of your skin.