Friday, February 27, 2009

The Legend of the Tabby Cat

How the Tabby got the distinct "M" marking on its forehead...(I LOVE this!)

The legend is that the baby Jesus was born cold and fussing in the manger. Mary tried everything she knew to comfort Him, but nothing worked. She even asked the manger animals to move in closer to warm Him, but the manger was simply too small to accomplish that. Just then, a little tabby cat made its way through the manger. It jumped into the hay and snuggled in next to the baby Jesus, putting Him right to sleep with its purring and warmth. Mary was so grateful, she touched the tabby's forehead and bestowed the cat with her initial "M" to mark it as a special animal.



1 comment:

Thoresen Family said...

That's an awesome story! i had never heard it before.

I love cats. Achew. Really I do. Achew, Achew. If only my ACHEW nose liked them more I'd have one. And now after that Achew story it's have to be a Tabby! Achew. Sniffle.