Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome Sweet Ellie!!!

My parents 'rescued' an 8 month old, BEAUTIFUL yellow lab. The poor thing was pegged as misbehaved and hyperactive, when all she really needed was space to run. She had never been for even a simple walk before. There are so many people out there who don't research a breed before they take home a puppy, and then they end up giving it away (if they can find a home for it) or taking it to a shelter.

Anyway...Ellie is fitting in quite nicely at the Vanesky house already, and it's been less than a week. We do have to watch her around Riley, since Riley can get cranky in her old age, but for the most part they are all getting along.

I met her Sunday finally - she is like a TWIN of Sammy! Same eyes, same oversized ears, same rounded nose, and most of all, softest, whitest, fleeciest fur ever!! What a doll! <3





2 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

oh my gosh, she is such a doll!! I am so happy you guys took her and she has a wonderful home now! I know your family will take wonderful care of her and give her all the space she needs to run!

Anonymous said...

She's so damn cute...she totally looks like SAMUELS! I can't wait to meet her!