Monday, April 20, 2009

Snow Snow Go Away!!! :(

Saturday was so beautiful - sunny and 70 degrees. Then Sunday was rain and this morning I woke up to SNOW! What is going on here, Ma Nature?

I talked to Heidi last night for a while. She sometimes runs errands for a family in Chicago....takes the kids to and from school and friends' houses, babysits, etc. Her duties kind of vary. I guess on Saturday she went to pick up the 15-year old daughter and her friend to drop them back at the parents' house. Suddenly the friend started gagging in the back seat, and Heidi started yelling "GET HER HEAD OUT THE WINDOW!"...there was much puking going on and also the distinct smell of alcohol, even though they were trying to pass it off as "food poisoning". It took me the longest time to grasp this because of their age, but they really HAD been drinking. WHO DRINKS AT 15?????????????? I am baffled by this. Okay, I guess maybe I was a rare goody-two-shoes, because right away Heidi said she drank at that age. Wow though. That just seems so little to me now. FIFTEEN!?

I've been doing my exercise DVDs and keeping up with my Wii Fit like a good girl. I love the Wii Fit!!! So neat. Last night I did a bunch of the strength exercises and can feel my legs are sore today. I could do every strength exercise except the push-up w/SIDE PLANK (thanks Nicole!!!) ....I have never been able to do a pushup, and on top of that my wrists can't take so much pressure right now. Speaking of Nicole and the Wii Fit, I had lunch with her a few weeks ago and she said "I don't like the strength exercises very much." "Why?" "Because I don't have a lot of strength..." hahahhaa! Such a sheepish answer. Cute.

For a couple weeks now I've been on 40mg injectable Methotrexate (syringe) every Sunday on top of the Humira Pen injection every OTHER Sunday. It's not giving me the miraculous turn-around that I thought it would. I'm so, so sore in the mornings and it's just kind of hard to do normal things in general during the day. Carrying grocery bags, even shutting my car door feels like knives sticking into my wrists and each finger joint. Maybe it needs several more weeks before I'll see a major difference. But as of right now it kind of feels like this medicine is making no difference at all. :(

Greenville Lion's Park bands have been announced for this year: Eddie Money, Everclear, and Puddle of Mudd. The first thing that came to my head was "WHO IN THE HELL IS EDDIE MONEY???" Just as I suspected, some old dude. What is up with the main act ALWAYS being some washed up dudes from the 70's/80's?? Case in point from previous years: Styx, REO Speedwagon, The Cars, Ted Nugent, Poison, Sebastian Bach. Blargh. OK so I really actually liked The Nuge Beast, but that is not the point! Ah. No matter. We're totally getting tickets.

I miss my Mom. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

4 comments:

Nicole Lynn said...

haha - i love the Wii Fit! Seriously the game are frickin' fun!!!!!!!!!! you are going to have tons of fun on it!!!!!!

Em V said...

No comment on how you drank at that age Nicole???

Nicole Lynn said...

haha - yes i was a little drinker back then...but i tried to hide it better than that!!

Anonymous said...

Drinking at 15...I didn't do that, but I was totally getting laid then!! That girl at 15 has probably had more sex than you and I combined! I guess this just proves we're getting old and out of shape. Although, it's pretty cool to do a workout on a video game and feel results. I secretly want the naughty girl stripper pole. I bet Eric would let me get it!!

I had to laugh that you don't know who Eddie Money is, but you instantly knew EVERYONE that's been there in years past, probably in that exact order!!! LOL