Sunday, May 17, 2009

MONKEYS AND FOOTBALLS!

...as Dad would say.

I tried to do some "guy" things by myself on Saturday. Well, just stuff I'd normally have my Dad do. I bought a new heavy birdfeeder that holds a lot more seed and a suet cake on each side, so I needed to also buy a larger, heavier basket hanger to hang it on. I had to remove the little hanger and little feeder that was in that spot and put that on the other side to have that spot for the BIG feeder. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone who's reading this.

What a damned 3-ring circus from the second I started. I don't know if those porch posts are made of oak, or if I'm just that much of a weakling (OBVIOUSLY the latter), but I could not screw those big screws in there by hand. I stripped the first few and had to use different, smaller ones I had in my tool box. I didn't have any sort of step stool, so I was out there with my metal bar stool wobbling on the landscaping stones, using ALL the strength I had in me to screw these damn screws in. Plus, then I dropped one into the bushes below me, so I was down there on my hands and knees underneath this bush, spreading the landscaping stones around trying to find the screw. And I had total plumber's crack while I was doing that.

I'm pretty sure that while all of this was going on, there were guys in the apartment facing my building that were secretly spying out the window and laughing at me being a complete girl. Damnit! Even when I try to resourceful, I am so doofus-y.

I finally got that horribleness done:



And Bean was happy to have me back inside:



OBVIOUSLY, I left the curtain rods and pictures for Dad. Never again. There are just some things that I leave up to men.

1 comment:

Nicole Lynn said...

Frickin' hilarious you had me and Jess laughin out loud. Of course I read it to him because that is so much easier and it helps me practice my stupid talking. I can seriously picture tho people laughin at you! I bet you were funny to watch!! Too bad they didn't video tape it! would've been a little creepy but hilarious to watch all the same.