Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcome home, Mama.

Mom is home! I'm so glad. Dad really missed her (well, we all did actually). I talked to him today - he said he got her roses for her return, and Ellie ate 3 of them. :) Naughty girl! ha ha

So this is sort of a random thing here - but, I was watching the Eric Church video I posted a week or so ago, and remembered those old slide toys like his video is based on. What were those called? Viewfinders? I had a red one when I was little, with tons of little reels to go in them. I specifically remember Winnie the Pooh reels. I just looked on eBay to see if I could find any, but nothing is listed under viewfinder. Am I getting the name wrong? I'd love to order one of these 'vintage' toys off of eBay if I could locate one. Let me see if I can at least find a picture so you know what I'm talking about...

Actually...in looking it up, I see the name on it is ViewMASTER. Now I see them all over on eBay!



OH MY GOSH - I totally had one of these too!



I could become obsessed with purchasing all the cool toys I had when I was little.

3 comments:

rhiannon said...

ooo yea and don't forget the fisher price cash register! I had one as a kid. Saw it at a garage sale a few years ago and it's actually one of Cody's favorites. you let me know if you pick up any good toys we can borrow! Rhiannon

Nicole Lynn said...

hahah - i remember those viewmaster things they were tons of fun!!!

Michelle said...

The View-Master was much cooler when we were younger. I just bought one for my son at christmas, and although they are nice, it's so much more hi-tech. It has sound and adjustments...not as SIMPLE as what we used...but all in all...still a ton of fun for the kid usning it!!!(geez..I feel old:)...)