Mom and Dad came to pick me up for breakfast at IHOP yesterday morning. YUMMY! My parents crack me up. Now that they are both retired and are together all day long, they bicker about the funniest things. I think Mom is ready to explode at him one of these days soon. Even just in the parking lot, Dad said he'd drop us off and find a parking space, so he pulled up in front of IHOP to let us off. Mom opened her door but then couldn't find one of her shoes (lol...SO typically my Mom), so she was lollygagging and looking around on the floor. Dad's like "Would ya get out? There are cars lining up behind me." "I can't find my shoe." "Well go in with one bare foot then." Then she finally got out, and the stack of newspapers and junk she had in her lap avalanched between the seats. I'm even laughing typing this out. I heard Dad make his aggravated groan and then Mom replied by sticking her tongue out at him. hahahaha Their quirks are just so hilarious. I have a ton more stories, but don't want to get them mad by posting on here. :P
THIS is what Dad ordered for breakfast. I had to take a picture of it with my phone because it looked so inedible.

I think it was an omelette with spinach and mushrooms, and topped with hollendaise sauce (whatever that is) and diced tomatoes. ew. EW. There isn't any part of this I could eat.
They came to my apartment afterwards and Dad hung my three curtain rods and a few other things. I just bought curtains at Bed Bath & Beyond last night. My apartment looks so much more complete! Now to get a few more pictures on the walls...they're pretty bare.
4 comments:
I'm so glad that you finally got the curtins hung :P
Em your parents are so nice and fun! I was rolling on the floor laughing as i was reading your post.
you mean you didn't have him look at the bird feeder to make sure it wouldn't fall over?!! Seriously that story cracked me up!
Your parents sound awesome!! my parents are just wrapped about Molly's paw which i find hilarious!!
p.s. sounds yummy minus the mushrooms and the sauce
What is the fascination with eating leaves? Just go outside and grab some off a tree and put dressing on them. Voila! Same thing.
Post a Comment