Sunday, June 21, 2009

A headache and too many thoughts...

I woke up about 15 minutes ago and can't sleep. I have a really bad headache again that won't seem to go away. I'm just going to play around on the computer for a while I guess.

Today consisted of cleaning my apartment and finishing up my Finance homework. I've decided Finance is definitely not my forte. I'm usually okay with the homework if I have my book and the examples in front of me, but I don't know how well I'm going to do without those things when it comes to test time. Nicole and I won't have resident Finance expert Jamie there to help us when we get stuck on problems. I remember Dad saying he struggled with Accounting in college...maybe I inherited his genes.

I stopped at the mall tonight in hopes of finding some work clothes, and I left with a bag of candy. ha ha! Oh. I also took a huge digger in the Gap wing as I was booking to the next store. I slipped on a soda someone spilled and literally did the splits. Some guy and his kids were sitting RIGHT there and I turned around to look at them in shock while I was in the splits position...the little girl looked a little guilty and mumbled something about spilling. The Dad didn't say a word, he was just staring at me. What the hell Jackass...don't help me up or anything. Who does that? On my way out around 8:45 I ran into Jason waiting outside of Gymboree...Liz was inside shopping around. He looked like a typical guy waiting for his wife to finish shopping...too funny. If you have never seen or heard Brad Paisley's video Waitin' on a Woman...kind of like that.

Waitin' on a Woman

Speaking of Liz and Jason, Nicole and I had lunch with them and their four children last week at Applebee's. What a special family. I hope when I get married and have a family some day that it's as wonderful as theirs is.

It seems like my teen boy neighbors have been gone most of the day...I last saw them around noon when they took their black lab out and then left again. I hear the dog barking upstairs and I can't help but worry a little that they are still not home and the dog needs to go out. I know that's nosy of me and a little over-paranoid...but I fret about things like that. I hope the dog is okay. I hate it when people leave their pets alone for too long.

Tomorrow (well...today...) is Father's Day. I might go up to Mom and Dad's to visit them and the dogs after I socialize kittens at Nicole's house. Happy Father's Day, Daddy! I love you so much.

Old picture of Dad and me hanging Christmas lights...one of my favorites...

No comments: