Yesterday was caked with bad luck from the second I got up. The only good thing was that I woke up early enough to shower, put on makeup, and flat-iron my hair before I left for work. Usually one of those things gets missed in my rush. I've had a hard time getting up my entire life and it's been a race with time for me since junior high. I cannot imagine being up early enough to eat breakfast or have coffee and watch the news.
Anyway. Stressful day at work for me yesterday. I also had a fight w/ Dad on the phone, which made me cry. It wasn't even anything to really be sad about, but my feelings get hurt so easily. My Dad used to joke that out of his three girls, all he'd have to do is look at ME wrong and I'd burst into tears. I guess not much has changed.
I ventured out around noon to go pick up some donations from Target yesterday, and I was outside the shipping docks buzzing and buzzing and buzzing the door. Finally someone came to the door all pi$$ed off, telling me that they close at noon. Oops. I guess I thought it was 1:00. They could not find the donations or paperwork and told me to go wait outside the dock door for them where I was parked. They could not find the key to that specific door but finally got someone to come open it. I was standing there in the pouring rain while they crabbily re-filled out the paperwork. They knew I was standing there getting rained on, and just kept taking their time...grrrr. Why would you tell me to wait outside? I dislike rain. When you're crabby it just makes you crabbier. Anyway. I finally got all the goodies, said thank you, and was on my way back to work.
Other random things:
I realized two things this morning that are good, happy things to look forward to next Summer:
1) Car will be paid off. I cannot tell you how AWESOME this is.
2) BRACES COME OFF! Geekdome no more! (Ok, well, maybe just a little. But that is good.)
I have been really wanting to go to church again. Dad said he'd drive all the way into town on Sundays and go with me, but I"m still not sure where I"d like to go. I'm still a member of First Presbyterian in Neenah...the church where my parents got married, where my Mom taught Sunday School, and where I got confirmed. But I don't know. I hear so many awesome things about Appleton Alliance and think I should give it another shot. I went with Emily that one time...I really liked that things were in the 21st century as far as message and music, but to be honest was a little freaked out at people with their one hand in the air and eyes closed....LOL. Whatever. We'll see. I'll think about it this weekend.
Mona slowly reached out from behind the shower curtain today and batted Bean on top of the head, very LIGHTLY. That made me laugh so hard. What goes through cats' heads?
3 comments:
okay seriously Mona is frickin' hilarious! You just have to wonder though she keeps you so entertained :)
Jesse always leaves me a voice mail that says to come by 1:00pm. I'm sorry you were given crap when you picked up the donations. :( That makes me sad, people are mean sometimes. Sorry. Thank you for picking up all the super awesome donations though! :) You'll make some puppies and kitties very, very happy!
It's all good Natalie. I drove across the parking lot to Noodles for some Mac & Cheese and a SNOODLEDOODLE for lunch to cheer myself up. :) heh. Any excuse for pasta!
Post a Comment