Thursday, October 8, 2009

OARS Party @ Anduzzis

I didn't get there until 6:15 or so tonight. My Mom and Dad finally called me as they were leaving and told me told me I missed them and they were heading back to Pine River, and I just bawled. I don't know what my emotional problem is lately, but I haven't felt so quick-to-tears like this in ages. I guess I felt so bad because I had begged my parents to come. They put on their purple OARS t-shirts, drove 45 minutes into town to support me at this event, and I missed them entirely. :( I was still teary-eyed when I finally walked in. Nicole B. could tell and gave me a big hug right away (she gives very genuine Mommy hugs by the way). She said if it was any consolation, that Mom and Dad were havin' a good ol' time, chatting it up with everyone - even bought a sweatshirt and made a $25 donation. Man. I'm all watery-eyed again just typing out these feelings! WHAT IS MY PROBLEM RIGHT NOW?? I cannot stop crying. I'm not depressed. I just feel really bad about not seeing them tonight. My parents are good people and I love them so much. I did talk to Mom when I got home tonight, about lots of things...volunteering at OARS, how Ellie's training session went tonight with Kirsten...I think I will go see them this weekend.

I think I've been a little worked up about a certain issue that's been bothering me. It's kind of come to an apex as of late. I'm a worry-wart by nature, but I guess I have to try my best not to let things bother me that I have no control over. Bottom line is, if someone gets to me this much, they win. Nobody but the people I love and respect deserve that much energy out of me.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. On Saturday I'm meeting Kerry at Winne/Wood Gallery and we're going to pick out our pieces for pottery painting, and then go to lunch somewhere. Which reminds me, I should call Jamie & Jane and see if they can meet us.

Chris...thank you for coming tonight to support my cause (well, TWO causes!! wink wink). You are a nice friend. I owe ya. And if you've already forgotten, you named your boat tonight. Do you remember?

No problem lasts forever. No matter how permanently fixed in the center of our lives it may seem, whatever we experience in this ever-changing life is sure to pass. Even pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey,

We love you and don't want you to be sad. We had fun last night!! Not that we wouldn't have had more fun if you'd been there, but we figured you had to work late :(

You do so many good things for people. You are emotional because you care about things so much.

I will meet you tomorrow at the gallery. I think dad is coming to pick up the table with you, correct?

Chris is a good friend - a very tall good friend!

Love you.

Mom